breed help please?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TinysMom

Reaction score
April20Bluedoefromfeedstoreandra-33.jpg

Her ears are about 3" long - I'm guessing she's about 5-6 weeks old but maybe older - she doesn't seem to be 8 weeks old - really closer to 6 weeks at most maybe..
April20Bluedoefromfeedstoreandra-26.jpg

Next to Darla who is probably 3.5 - 4 pounds (I need to weigh Darla)
April20Bluedoefromfeedstoreandra-25.jpg

April20Bluedoefromfeedstoreandra-17.jpg

April20Bluedoefromfeedstoreandra-8.jpg

April20Bluedoefromfeedstoreandra-6.jpg

April20Bluedoefromfeedstoreandra-3.jpg

Please help me identify her breed - Art is insisting on calling her "meatloaf" because she's a "mystery meat"....

I have my suspicions she's one of two breeds....

I'm uploading a video too...

EDITED TO ADD VIDEO:

thinking siberian if you get them over there? like a smaller darker beveren (slightly different shape too) I know my babies are now just passed 4 weeks and their ears are over 3"
WHere did you find her Peg she is adorable :D

This shows her body structure a bit better...

April20Bluedoefromfeedstoreandra-42.jpg

Polly - I got her from the feed store - I went in today to let him know I'd be bringing the fosters back later this week and that he'd need to have two cages open. He had babies and she was the first one I went to grab to mark in her ear what she was.

If she was a cat - she would have sat in my arms and purred....I spent twenty minutes walking around the store waiting for her to start acting like a doe and fighting...she kept snuggling into me and looking at me with those eyes....which were killing me.

I called Art three times on the cell phone. I never could reach him.

I finally decided to bring her home and try her with Darla - although I had some back-up plans too. The worst case scenario meant taking her back to the feed store...

I really halfway hoped (by her ears) that she was a flemish....if not that - then Beveren since Jenny is a sweetie.

Art took one look at her (turns out she's his favorite color in small animals - same color as his cat almost) - and said, "She's mine".

It appears as though Darla has already accepted her - the two were laying almost side by side a few minutes ago...something Darla does NOT do with her babies.

The goal is going to be to have a trio in the bedroom - as long as she can be litter-box trained. Darla is great with the litter box and Darla's future hus-bun was good with it at one time from what I remember. So as long as "Meatloaf" will be trained....she'll probably be part of a trio.

I'm a bit jealous of Darla wanting Meatloaf to groom her - but the fact is - Darla has been wanting a mate for so long ... this just felt right.

The neat thing is - Darla still came to me for groomings.

I'm really not sure how old she is. Darla's babies are 6 weeks old on Thursday - but Meatloaf doesn't seem as "mature" as they are....but I figured she was older than 4 weeks. I wish I knew...

She has littermates back at the feed store that I have to go back and mark if they're boys/girls later today or tomorrow...

maybe flemmie beveren cross?? I can see from that pic the mandolin shape is all there lol but her ears are not quite right and her colour is way off for a bev. But she really is a beauty I am glad she will have a home with you and please tell Art he has the best choice of colours :D Blue is my favourite too. My babies are only 4 weeks yesterday give me 2 weeks I will weigh thme and see what the comparison is for you :)

Her color is not coming across true in the photos - she's a gorgeous blue - but not a light blue like your doe looks to me.

Her head shape is what gets me (and her ears) - her head seems more angular than what I'm used to - not sure what that means....

I do need to weigh her - but right now - if she sees one of us - she goes and hides or snuggles next to Darla - who doesn't want us to pick her up....

Delusional created it for me....I have no idea how to make them.

I have been wanting to get a new one made....but that means picking out pictures, etc.

Its the colour and the shape and ears that keeps making me thing siberian cause they have been bred down from Beverens and that is the blue colour they show I have a nice pic of Lady Marmalades head I will upload and post for you
here is our Siberian standard though that is a buck and not blue just to confuse you lol but you can see shape tink of them like a mini bev!! that is darker lol
http://www.thebrc.org/sibi.htm

Unfortunately, I have no idea what breed your little one is, but I have to say that she's CUTE! :D Baby bunnies with over-sized ears are just precious! Congrats!

She may be older than I thought she was (and hence a different breed?) - because her privates are....well - she's acting like she's wanting to breed already and she's trying to mount Darla and causing problems.

She's currently caged - she's out with them all when I'm in the room and she gets along with them about 90% of the time - but then something will happen and I have to separate them again.

So she's being caged at night and when we're not in the room....

We do have back-up plans if this doesn't work out.

Poor Darla - she's confused. She really LIKES the baby - but she doesn't want the baby mounting her - or her babies.

I probably shouldn't have tried to bond them - but Darla was so desperate for a friend and this little girl was so calm (I know....it was a trick...but all of us were saying yesterday we'd never seen a young doe act like her before...and we checked her a few times to make sure she really was a doe).

Also - sometimes the way she holds her ears - it makes us wonder if they're going to lop...

Latest posts

Back