Breed help (future owner)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Macapacaaa

Reaction score
Hello guys. I'm soon too be a Rabbit owner. (took 17 years of convincing my parents :yahoo: ). Now, for me too have a rabbit it needs too be a small breed, mini lop kinda size. So what other breeds are this small? I'm in the UK by the way.

Experienced with animals and always wanted a rabbit. Finally! :yahoo:

mini lops (holland lops in the US), mini rex, polish, dutch, lionheads, jersey wooly, and dwarf hotots are all great breeds.

How big are netherland dwarfs compared to Mini Lops?

I've always liked smaller animals, I love big bunnies too but always wanted the smallest breed :p

I love big floppy bunnies but they need so much more space😑 so I picked a small one at the store but who knows how bug she could get x

Netherland Dwarfs are usually 2.5 pounds or less at adult weight. Holland lops (mini lops) are not that much larger. But yes, Nethies are the smallest breed.

They are not the smallest. . .Netherland dwarfs and britannia petites are some of the smallest rabbits. Polish can also be pretty small. Dont recommend brits as pets though.

I would say a lion head. Although they do require more grooming than short hair breeds. But they are worth it. I have two and they are very affectionate and just adorable. They are also the most playful rabbits I have ever had, I didn't even know rabbits behaved like that before them. They're a lot of fun. Mine are pretty small, but look bigger when not groomed due to the mane and long hair.

Back