Breed guess!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timbaland

Reaction score
:) Breed guesses anyone? Vet estimated 2 years and half and pregnant. Medium size (I have no idea), compact feeling with a somewhat squared head. My camera picks up a lot of red hues and while she has them, she appears much more gray. Maybe a Zealand cross with a small condensed breed?

Face *sorry about the dirty cat carrier, she was in there during the Vets and the car rides*
img5348t.jpg

Side
img5353.jpg

Stretched
img5350z.jpg

The body type indicates contribution of a semi-arch body breed. From the photo, the coat looks rather long and thick (rollback).

She appears to be a Heinz 57, and any number of breeds could have contributed to her lineage.

She kindled today in the cat carrier during play time. After being bitten twice I let her be and left the doors open to both her cage and carrier to see what she wanted to do. She just came out twenty minutes ago with a babe attached.

I'm really excited and I hope this community sticks with me during this litter. :) Color guesses?

Six little fattens!
img5356h.jpg

img5357v.jpg

She looks like a Rex X New Zealand, gorjus babies!

Not to sound rude but whats that the babies are lying on?

T.A Bunnies wrote:

Looks to me like it's wood pellets(can be used for bedding or litter).
If not that, my other guess is paper pellets(I think they're pretty much the same thing) :?

nicolevins wrote:
T.A Bunnies wrote:

Looks to me like it's wood pellets(can be used for bedding or litter).
If not that, my other guess is paper pellets(I think they're pretty much the same thing) :?

Sorry for lack of reply. Those are compressed pine pellets in her carrier but whats underneath the babies is the carpet. I was worried about switching her litter when she had given birth not to long ago. She's on aspen now.

Kit pictures:

Black (Likes to kick while nursing)
img5400h.jpg

Dark 1 (Feisty)
img5402u.jpg

Dark 2 (Calm)
img5403k.jpg

Medium (Noisy)
img5404w.jpg

Light 1 (SO BIG!)
img5405h.jpg

Light 2 (Peanut?)
img5408b.jpg

The Kits look very good! And the last one is probably not a peanut if it hasn't died by now. Your bun is probaby not a dwarf, and won't have peanuts. There are always runts though. You have a very good momma bun there. :D

lelanatty wrote:
The Kits look very good! And the last one is probably not a peanut if it hasn't died by now. Your bun is probaby not a dwarf, and won't have peanuts. There are always runts though. You have a very good momma bun there. :D

Yeah, Momma has been really great. I don't think the last kit is going to make it though. It has stopped growing...

I think it's hilarious how the kits are already showing personality. There at this strange stage where if you touch them they try to sky rocket away while grunting. Haha.

jcl_24 wrote:
Is it too early to put them on my bunny-napping list? :wink

I hope they all thrive :big kiss:

Jo x

I can only hope someone as addicted to rabbits as I am take them! Haha!

I hope that too. I'm working really hard for Momma and the babes. :) I'm just glad shes so great at this.

timbaland wrote:
I think it's hilarious how the kits are already showing personality. There at this strange stage where if you touch them they try to sky rocket away while grunting. Haha.
OMG that sounds so cute!

I haven't been able to video their rocket like scoots on camera. Every time I try they just stop. THEY MUST KNOW!
I'm having a hard time with Momma rabbit. She hates me to the extreme now and everything I do is an attempt to kill her. I have several large slashes down my arms from her attempts to thwart the enemy or so to speak. I doubt I can ever get her to trust me in the lightest. After all I have had to poke and prod at her. She is entirely sweet to my family...just not me. Sorry this is sort of a vent. I feel hopeless and while it rude, I hope to find her a new home as soon as possible.

Pictures from today. The kits are dirty becuase Mom tried to make a new nest. @_@
img5465y.jpg

img5474.jpg

img5473b.jpg

img5472l.jpg

img5468q.jpg

img5467b.jpg

img5466.jpg

lelanatty wrote:
I have to agree... There is always runts in the litter too! I have then in every litter. And they always turn out great then the litter mates.

mistyjr wrote:
lelanatty wrote:
I have to agree... There is always runts in the litter too! I have then in every litter. And they always turn out great then the litter mates.

Well so far even though it hasn't grown much it isn't dead so I have decided that whatever is going on has worked so far...Let it keep going! :)

AquaticRex wrote:
too bad shipping is so much. i'd adopt one since i'm getting a second one soon :p
Goodness...if only if only! I wish I could too.

I really hope you will try to work with your momma bun. It may just be her pregnancy/maternal hormones acting up. I knew this one rabbit that was the sweetest bun ever, until she got pregnant and had babies. the she turned into Bunzilla and would attack anything that came close the her cage and her babies.

lelanatty wrote:
I really hope you will try to work with your momma bun. It may just be her pregnancy/maternal hormones acting up. I knew this one rabbit that was the sweetest bun ever, until she got pregnant and had babies. the she turned into Bunzilla and would attack anything that came close the her cage and her babies.

She is adorable with anyone else but myself. I've had to force feed her nasty tasting goop for her upset stomach and have to physically examine her often. I will have to do it for the days ahead as well. Which she hated and feared and will continue to do. It couldn't be helped but the situation is off on the wrong foot to begin with. Of course I'll keep trying but today she kicked me hard enough to nick a vein. Blood everywhere...if you get the picture. I just feel it will never be a great bond becuase what I have done to her. I'm certain she would bond easily with anyone else who wanted to bond with her. Just not me lol...

By the looks of her and her babies, I would guess that she is a New Zealand/Satin cross.
I don't blame you for wanting to get rid of her after she weans her kits. It is probably because of the hormones and she might calm down after she weans them, but she will probably get mean again when she has another litter of kits. I probably wouldn't keep a doe out of her litter either - there is a good chance that she will do the same thing when she kindles.

Emily

Silver Star Rabbitry
Raising and Showing Quality Silver Martens in North Louisiana

http://silverstarsilvermartens.webs.com/
http://silverstarrabbitry.blogspot.com/

[email protected]

Latest posts

Back