Breed Bondings

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PixieMillyMommy

Reaction score
This woman doesnt think a lionhead and holland lop will ever be nice to each other or bond. :? I thought you could bond any breeds together?

I have holland lops does living with my lionhead does - they snuggle together and get along just fine.

My lops do have a more energetic personality and aren't as laid back as my lionheads - but they get along fine.

So you have nothing to worry about...

:biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:

Peg

You CAN bond different breeds together, as Peg clearly shows.

But that doesn't mean you can just bond any two bunnies, the bunnies have to get on too. So whilst it is possibly to bond between the breeds, it is not always possible to bond any bunny (but that comes whether they are the same breed, gender, etc).

If the cage is big enough for two bunnies then yes, they would love it :)

If you are thinking of bonding two bunnies it's probably worth researching on google (and the Bunny 101 forum) all about bonding so that you can learn anything and everything you can.

Yes, when rabbits are fully bonded (no fighting), they need to live in the same cage. They get very close to each other and will love each other very much and get worried when they can't find the other one.

Have you read the links in the Bunny101 section? Here's a link: http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=12072&forum_id=17

Sometimes bonding is very easy and sometimes it's very hard. All depends on they bunnies personalities.

--Dawn

Trust me on this one - google bonding rabbits! I am bonding a lionhead with a mini rex right now, and at frist they were all lovey then one day I didnt let them see each other, and now they fight.

So really, I have a bonding issue that doesnt know if they want to be an easy case or a hard case :?:grumpy:

I was reading a story last night were someone is trying to bond 11 rabbits, all at the same time!

So far there has only been a few scuffles, I was amazed reading all about it.

Wow where?

ellissian wrote:
I was reading a story last night were someone is trying to bond 11 rabbits, all at the same time!

So far there has only been a few scuffles, I was amazed reading all about it.

In my opinion, breed has nothing to do with whether rabbits can bond. I have a lionhead mix and a holland lop mix and they get along great! Bonding is more about personality than anything :).

Latest posts

Back