Breed and Approx. Age

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DVD Queen

Reaction score
bunni.jpg
" alt="">

This is the newest member of our family. (Flute)Can you guys help me with the breed and approx. age. This is the only pic I have right now. The battery on my camera is dead so it is charging. If you cant tell by this pic I will be able to post some more in a few hours.

Thank you so much.

How can I tell the difference? She is only about a foot long when she is scrunched up. She weighs between 2 1/2 and 3 pounds. She doesnt care for the scale too much. :)But I just put her on it and that is what she weighs. She feels heavier.:)

Looking at the polish standard This is what i found

Junior Bucks and Does: Under 6 mos of age and not over 2-1/2 pounds. Minimum weight is 1-1/4 pounds
Senior Bucks and Does: 6 mos of age or older and not over 3-1/2 pounds. Ideal weight 2-1/2 pounds

Netherland dwarf has a max weight of 2-1/2 pounds but there is such thing as a false dwarf which does not have the dwarfing gene? Is that right? I'm not sure the weight those range.

that would be my guess. Not sure what other people think.

EDIT: Not necessarily a fat netherland. Maybe a mix or just a bigger framed one

I breed both breeds and they are often mixed together because they are quite similar in size and conformation. (Some Polish breeders bring in a ND to create a nicer head and a more expressive eye. We haven't seen a need to do that yet, though.) So it wouldn't be totally off the wall to be a mix of the two. But from what I can see from the photo, it looks like a false Netherland Dwarf to me. Would love to see more, though, to make a more sound judgement. Her weight is not particularly drastically over the accepted weight for a ND, though.

Back