Bred while pregnant?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirstin

Reaction score
One of my 10-month old does, Kaira,is about 3 weeks pregnant. While I was away at school during the day, somehow one of the bucks (bout 9 months old)got into her cage with Kaira and her half-sister, Bella (who is only 2ish months). Is it possible the Kaira could be in danger of having two litters? And is Bella old enough to become pregnant??

Advice/Opinions are appreciated. =) Thanks guys.

2 months is too young to have kits. There is a possibility that she is pregnant with 2 litters which is dangerous for both the mom and kits. The milk will dry up forthe next litter and you would have no way to feed the other litter.How many days exactly is she pregnant?

This has been discussed before, and it was said that having two litters at once doesn't happen very often in domestic rabbits. It's likely that if she actually allowed the buck to breed her, she wouldn't become pregnant with a second litter, but it's not impossible.

She was bred to a buck owned by another breeder and stayed with him for a week, so I'm not sure exactly how pregnant she is... =/ It could be 3 weeks or it could be 2. I'm guessing closer to 3.

Back