Breathing too fast?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Denise Gurdal

Reaction score
Hello! Thank you for accepting me into this forum.
I recently got two English Angora bunnies. They are about 2.5 months old siblings. The male, Valentino, seems to be breathing very fast since last night. His behavior has been normal in every other way but the breathing is fast to the point where his ears shake (that's how I noticed). When I got him he was trimmed, his coat is getting thicker now. Could it be that? That he's overheating. The temperature where I live seems pretty cool though. He's also started spraying (I'm waiting to get him neutered) could it be something related to that?
Any thoughts would help. I'm freaking out a little and hoping that because he's eating, drinking, pooping normally there's nothing to worry about.
I thought I would be able to post two videos but I'm having issues with formatting.

Only was able to upload a picture. It’s the brown little guys having the issues. Obviously you won’t be able to see anything. Is there a way to upload videos? I’m trying to go it from my iPhone and it says file is too large.

Attachments

• 5402A135-53B6-463A-9412-285AC1FC81F9.jpeg
    5402A135-53B6-463A-9412-285AC1FC81F9.jpeg
    48.7 KB · Views: 7
You will have to upload the video to youtube and then link it here

Hi, I have two males and they are getting nervous and breathing heavily and one of them is all shaking after they see a female (which is very rare because my rabbits are not fixed and I am trying to keep them so they can't see or smell each other). I am no expert but think if he's 2,5 months and started spraying recently then it definitely could be related if the other rabbit is a female. Looking forward to the video, your buns are adorable! You will need to separate them until about 6 weeks after neutering

Latest posts

Back