Breaking news *Leo the stud is to be neutered today*

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabb1tmad

Reaction score
Hey all. I have just come back from dropping Leo at the vets for his neuter. We would love it if you all send good vibes. I'm very nervous having him there. I don't think he was too bothered, I wanted to give him a cuddle when I dropped him off but he was too busy chilling out in his carry box!!

The vet will be looking at his teeth too. He is a big cage wire puller and I think he has chipped his bottom teeth. He has no problems eating, etc but obviously we'll have to keep an eye out on how they grow back :(

Thanks all x

Good luck Leo! we've been thinking of you!

I have had a few other things going on but I saw this earlier and kept him in my thoughts today!

I called the vets at 2pm and he was out of surgery but hadn't eaten yet so they asked me to call back at 4pm. I did and he still hadn't eaten :( but they agreed to let him come home because they thought it was the stress of being there.

And I'm pleased to report that within 5 seconds of being back he emptied his entire bladder into his litter tray and started munching on hay :). No pellets yet but that could just be because of his teeth. Looks like he was holding on until he got home - what a good boy. In fact, since we moved him into the house last week he has only been going in his litter tray - so you can train unneutered buns eventually! He hasn't pooped yet but I'm keeping a close eye. They said the surgery went well. He had broken his bottom incisors so they have been rasped.

Thanks for the good vibes :)

Yippeeeeee, we have:litterhealthy:and he is eating loads :). I'm so pleased. He is supposed to have cage rest for a couple of days so I put him in a small cage and he hates it! He just wants out and wants to run around like his usual mad self. I will let him out to play for a little while but if he is too hectic I'll have to put him back. Poor guy, he just wants to play :). It's amazing how fast they get over these things.

Awww he did really well!

I let Bo out in a small area with no place to really jump and no place to get going too fast in binkies, 500 runs. I think they like just getting out to stretch a bit. Could you do something like that?

It's so funny! the boys sometimes really come back home as if nothing happened after about a day!

I'm glad he's feeling good tho!

OK, has this ever happened to anyone else's bun after a neuter.............. he has come back hornier than ever before!! Before his neuter I took him out in the morning when I did the litter trays and food and then when I got home I spent a couple of hours with him. After about 5 minutes he would run around my feet and grunt but then he would go off and do something else or just lie down and relax. BUT after his neuter, I take him out and he is at it straight away andrelentless. He will not leave me alone, he is spraying everywhere! I check his bits (whats left of them!) everyday to make sure the wounds are ok and everytime 'it's' out in all it's glory!

I'm not annoyed with him I think it's quite funny, poor guy:). I know the hormones take a few weeks to die down but I never thought he would get worse first. Has anyone else experienced this?

I wonder if it's an issue with swelling and stuff?

You know, I dont' remember ever checking Bo's bottom.

I'm glad he's doing better!!!

I can't really tell youwhy he'sgetting hornyer, but he might just be worried that people might think he's a girl now. He's telling you strait out that he's still big and manly! :p

Back