Brats

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babbitlover

Reaction score
I am new to this forum thing, but i am trying itout (smile). I have four fatties, Camertoes, which is aHoland Lop, Lucky which is a mini rex, BluebyouI have no ideawhat she i but i would love to find out, and Sammari which is aminature Lop. The problem i am having is that all the girlswhich is all of them but Lucky fight. ALL THE TIME.... Theylunge at each other and bite, and make weird noises. They are6weeks, 6months, 9months and lucky the male is over ayear. Does any one have any ideas why they would beacting this way??... And how can I fix it? Also, I have beentrying to get Camertoes pregnent but lately when Lucky is around any ofthe girls they make this timid hissing noise but they dont runaway. So i am confused, do they want the male ? or no?... Andalso How do i know if she is pregnent?... I dont know how to tell. I veread to feel her tummy but i dont know what i am looking for and she isa fat girl haha.. Let me know.. thank you all somuch! ... here are my kids.

Hey thanks!... I love looking at my fatties too!(big smiles)... everyone thinks I am a nut because I spend some muchtime with them. but who wouldnt! they are soooo cute haha,thanks for the comment thtas really cool of you but any advice? thanks- a

First a question...are all these buns housedtogether? Bonding rabbits takes time and patience, they don't justnaturally all get along. If these buns are not spayed/neutered then itis most likely hormones that are causing them to act out, they aretrying to establish dominance with each other.

If they are fighting in the way you described and they are housedtogether you need to separate them until you can bond them allproperly. There are many past posts on how to bond bunnies but it takesa lot of time and patience, especially if they are not altered.

Go to the search box at the top of the forum and type in bondingbunnies. There is also a link on the cheat sheet for rabbit care thattakes you directly to a site on bonding bunnies. Good luck! What abunch of cuties!

Fergi's mom

Hey... Thanks for the word of advice, but no theyare all housed seperatly but all the cages are interconnected, so theycan socialize, i guess you can say. No, none of them arefixed either. I want the girls to get prego, but they wont! idont know how to get them prego! lol. thanks for the help-

babbitlover wrote:
I want the girls to get prego, but they wont! idont know how to get them prego! lol. thanks for the help-

If none of them are....and the opportunity was there....I think it's his problem.:p:p

lol

Can't translate the hissing noise for you, as that's one I haven't heard! Something new all the time with these guys....:D

Rose

Why do you want the rabbits to getpregnant? Are you a breeder? Do you have anyexperience breeding rabbits? Do you ever plan on getting therabbits neutered/spayed? Do you know that 80% of femalerabbits that are not spayed develope uterine cancer or some other typeof cancer? And you know that rabbits are less likely to fightwhen they are fixed....

-Vanessa

I was actually thinking about getting the malefixed... and i am aware of the cancer that the females can have. I amnot a breeder, and I probably would keep them all, (the babies) if theyhad any. I think that the blue bunny and Lucky would makepretty babies, the bunnys are like my kids- and I think it would be awonderful expierence to watch a pregnency. And No i have no idea what Iam doing. :?Any words of advice, and do u happen to know whatthe Blue Bunny s breed is? thanks

You have no idea what you're doing?Will you have an idea in the near future? Can you afford tokeep all the babies for the rest of their lives?

And Blue looks like a rex/lop mix to me...looks like she has the rexfur and face, but the ears seem to be more droopy than a regular rex...

Thanks, I hope she is a rex. No, I havenever had rabbit babies. And I would definately afford totake care of them all, I go to college full time and work full time soI dont have much time to spend money on my self. (SMILE) ... But itreat my rabbits like they are my children, i spoil them, buy themthings all the time. They are all actually in my room in huge cages,Lucky the male is in a 198.00 cage, its huge. But yeah, i am notactually PUSHING them to get prego, but, if it happens i would be okwith it basically. But as for cancer... she can only get it IF she hasbabies ... or that doesnt matter? thanks.

babbitlover wrote:
But as for cancer... she can only get it IF shehas babies ... or that doesnt matter? thanks.
no no no...any unspayed female is highly at risk to get cancer, whether she has babies or not...I'm fairly certain of that...

just wanted to point out, that I only have one rabbit right now and I'malready worrying about how I'm going to move around with him and takecare of him once I'm out of college and looking for a job and gettingmy own place and all that...you could have these 4 rabbits plus manybabies for 15+ years...college life is hard enough just serviving onyour own....I couldn't imagine doing it with many rabbits to lookafter...

Yes I agree with the college thing. They are ahandful. And I feel guilty when I dont spend equal time with themall. But i have a problem, I love to bring them outand let them run around the only problem is they poop ALL OVER... andthey are potty trained to go pee in a box, but as far as poop they doit all over the place, and I hate it because i dont want it all over myhouse! but iwant them to run around, my mom always jokes and says putdiapers on them, but i dont think that ll work haha... any advice ?

Bunnies that are not altered will have a strongdesire to mark their territory by leaving poops all over. Altering youranimal will help alleviate these territorial issues.

If you have been "trying" to let the buns get pregnant and it hasn'thappened as of yet then I would agree with Rose and say that it is mostlikely your males issue.

If I were you I would seriously reconsider mating these animals,especially since they are mixed breeds. Everywhere you look there aremixed breed bunnies looking for a home. Maybe instead of having babiesyou could just rescue another bun or two from your local shelter?

Fergi's mom

babbitlover wrote:
I think that the blue bunny and Lucky would makepretty babies, the bunnys are like my kids- and I think it would be awonderful expierence to watch a pregnency.

It is a miracle, plain and simple. But scary too....I was so worried about my girls....

Rose

I will definately consider getting themfixed, but its so expansive for four of em, goodness haha...But i will definately look into it. And it makessense about the pooping and marking their territory thing.How about when the rabbits rub their cheecks on your fingers and yourchin and things, does that mean they like you? haha... cause my bunnysdo it all teh time to me! thanks aay-

Latest posts

Back