Brat Rabbit won't use the litterbox :P

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did he have a urine analysis done at the check up? I am just seriously wondering about an infection, especially if he was used for breeding.

I had to put him on a wire thing in his litterbox and get a sample, they said they tested for protein something or other, infections and some other stuff. I'm assuming they checked what could be the cause since I told them thats why he was in.

Have you seen any swelling or lesions around his eyes, nose, and boy bits? Did the vet test for rabbit syphilis? Any xrays done to check if there is an internal problem causing it?

So aside from medical issues as being the cause, if you don't already have a low sided litter box, you could try cutting down one of the sides of his litter boxes, to see if making it easier to get in and out, gets him to use it.

ETA: Did you try moving him or your pig, to see if that might be affecting him? If there isn't a medical issue causing this, I would be inclined to think that breeding piggies right next to an unneutered rabbit, may have an effect on behavior and territorial marking. That would be my guess for the cause of marking right next to his litter boxes.

Last edited:
Have you seen any swelling or lesions around his eyes, nose, and boy bits? Did the vet test for rabbit syphilis? Any xrays done to check if there is an internal problem causing it?

So aside from medical issues as being the cause, if you don't already have a low sided litter box, you could try cutting down one of the sides of his litter boxes, to see if making it easier to get in and out, gets him to use it.

ETA: Did you try moving him or your pig, to see if that might be affecting him? If there isn't a medical issue causing this, I would be inclined to think that breeding piggies right next to an unneutered rabbit, may have an effect on behavior and territorial marking.

No swelling at all, no crustiness, nothing. I do remember him saying something about rabbit syphilis. No x-rays as he said since it's been going on for so long nothing internal could be causing it without him showing other symptoms. I have the corner boxes which are low sided and he goes in all 4, just doesn't do his business there lol. He is always in and out of them though. I have the piggies inside now as it was getting too cold, he has an insulated house and stuff in an insulated porch so he's good but the pigs complain about the cold lol. I'm hoping this will help.

It sounds like the medical bases are covered. The piggies seem the likely source of the marking, so now that they aren't around him, hopefully you'll start seeing some improvement in his litter habits. He was probably just marking around the litter boxes, so those piggies would know that they were HIS litter boxes :)

It sounds like the medical bases are covered. The piggies seem the likely source of the marking, so now that they aren't around him, hopefully you'll start seeing some improvement in his litter habits. He was probably just marking around the litter boxes, so those piggies would know that they were HIS litter boxes :)

I hope so. Little ball of attitude needs to get over his handsome self haha

Latest posts

Back