Brandy and Oliver's Blog/Chat/Rant Area

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kala_Bunga

Reaction score
BTW this is Brandy talking...

So I promissed that I would explain me and Oliver's "forced break".WellOliver is my hubby,but he just got his little "snip snip" and it has'ntbeen a month yet,I also am not spayed and have 1 litter and I adoptedanother litter-so i'mm looking after 13 bunnlettes right now!

Its so frusterating!I miss him so much!I wonder if it'll still be thesame after a whole month?but wow this new home is excellent compared tomy old abusive home...

I'm really stressed w/ caring for 13 bunnlettes!I mean seriously only 6are mine!Why oh Why did my bff have to die and leave me w/ 7babies!Geesh this is soooo stressfull!

And now I can't even snuggle w/ my husband?geesh whats going on w/ myworld?ahhh I think i'm going to go insane.....someone help me,
Brandy

Thirteen babies?

My word girl! I admit - I've had to foster before - but never had thatmany. I think I had six if I remember right - no - must'vebeen eight because I had six of my own and 2 from another doe.Hmm...maybe BooBerry really isn't my daughter after all now that Ithink about it. She's way too stubborn to be related to me.

Anyway - on to taking care of the 13 babies. Here is what I did.

I taught them right away the thump that said, "Mommy is tired." and theother thump of "Mommy is dry. Go drink water." I made sure they learnedthose thumps first thing.

But you also need to find a way to tell them, "Mommy needs her ownspace now...get down off my head..." or "its Mommy's alone time...getoff my back now." Really - it is going to be important to your mentalhealth that those little ones know right off that mommy is a bunny ofher own.

Now if your cage is at all close to your hubbys...you may want to makesure to spend some time every day chinning at the part of your cagethat is closest to his. Make sure when he talks about being snippedthat you don't laugh or criticize him at all. Instead, make littletooth purrs and tell him its ok...that soon you guys can snuggle again.

But first things first...get those thirteen babies to know who is theboss! And make sure that your bunny servant knows that you don't wantsome lousy blue ribbon for all you're doing - you want CRAISINS andextra treats.

Thirteen babies...my oh my....what IS the world coming to nowadays for a doe..??

Miss Bea

well 6 of them are mine-7 came from my "suposably" bff who passed away.
*sigh* I agree what is this world coming too?
well I g2g and feed the little ones,but once i'm done i'll tell themi'm done :elephant:i'm no longer a doe who lives for theasebabies,believe it or not little ones I *also have a life...Ilove having bunnlettes and all but this is abit much.....

So I have to go and feed the hungry esting macines but i'll come on later in a bit k?
Brandy

P.S. I'm trying to have as much time as I can w/ Oliver...are pens areright next to each other and I snuggle him as much as possible but w/13 little ones its difficult-i'm definatly going to take your adviceand tell them off-this is getting to be waayyy to much!

So how old are the bunnlettes now? Are you making time to snuggle with your sweetie through the cage bars or beside each other?

I always told the does with kits to make time for themselves....andI've even babysat sometimes. Then I got tired of babies climbing allover me.....so I go off to my room when there are young 'uns around.

I don't know how you does do it....

The BunFather

well my bunnlettes will be 4 weeks onthe15th!I try to cuddle my sweety through the barns....butits hard...and he has to be neutered on sunday-I hope that things willstill be the same after words!once my bunnlettes are weaned and i'mspayed then we will move back in together....

anyways I got to go...talk to you later:bunnydance:

Oh I love bunnletts when they're four weeksold..they're old enough to be fun. Of course by then, they're also oldenough to know that when I say, "go lay down"...I mean it.

I hope you get some snuggle time soon with your hubby.

Miss Bea

How are those bunnlettes? Do you still have them? Do you get to snuggle with your husband at all?

Enquiring bunnies want to know..

The BunFather

Latest posts

Back