brand new member

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

christinebunnies

Reaction score
I am a new member and I have never been online before and I an not sure I am doing it right. Hi bunnylovers My name is christine and I am a bunny slave to two bunnies - Sullen a one year old New Zealand white girl and Landy a one year old Checkered Giant girl.:)

Welcome!! I see you found how to put an introduction on here :)

This is a great site and it has been an immense help to me. Hope you enjoy it here and we all would love to see pics if your buns!

Welcome from another Canadian :) I have fallen in love with this forum for so many reasons. It wont take you long to figure it all out and settle in.

Hi,

Would love to see pics of your bunnies. Got my first BIG rabbit yesterday. Flemish. How has it been raising a Checkered Giant? They have gorgeous coloring, but a bit active. Went more docile with the Flemish figuring this is my first real experience with a big bunny.

K

Hi everyone, I finally managed to figure this out - it is such a blessing to be able to talk to other bunny lovers out there- where I live - no one understand - someone actually said why dont you just stick them in a cage outside like normal people - I could just cry sometimes. Oh well. Landy the Checkered Giant is quite the character - she has two stuffed animals - almost half the size of her - a green dog and a brown bunny - and she takes them by the nape of the neck and carries them around - she has a very long body and ears and she lifts her little head up high and carries them around - it is absolutely amazing - I have never seen anything like that in my life. She leaps around with one in her mouth - up on the bed and sleeps with them - she carries them over and lays them at my feet. She is very intelligent and loves to cuddle. My son loves bunnies loves bunnies and landy sleeps at the head of his bed with him and her stuffies. She is a different sort alright - Sullen on the other hand is adorable but very bossy she is in charge of the house basically - has her own bedroom - gets me out of bed every morning - she has muscles on her arms - from running up and down the stairs - Demands to have her way - I cant have them together - She will sit with Landy and lick her face but also will chase her all over the place to show her whos boss and Landy is a very gentle soul - My son and I love them dearly. Well now I have to figure out how to get pictures on here. They are big bunnies and can be a handful - have gone through lots of wires and baseboards.

christinebunnies wrote:
Hi everyone, I finally managed to figure this out - it is such a blessing to be able to talk to other bunny lovers out there- where I live - no one understand - someone actually said why dont you just stick them in a cage outside like normal people - I could just cry sometimes. Oh well. Landy the Checkered Giant is quite the character - she has two stuffed animals - almost half the size of her - a green dog and a brown bunny - and she takes them by the nape of the neck and carries them around - she has a very long body and ears and she lifts her little head up high and carries them around - it is absolutely amazing - I have never seen anything like that in my life. She leaps around with one in her mouth - up on the bed and sleeps with them - she carries them over and lays them at my feet. She is very intelligent and loves to cuddle. My son loves bunnies loves bunnies and landy sleeps at the head of his bed with him and her stuffies. She is a different sort alright - Sullen on the other hand is adorable but very bossy she is in charge of the house basically - has her own bedroom - gets me out of bed every morning - she has muscles on her arms - from running up and down the stairs - Demands to have her way - I cant have them together - She will sit with Landy and lick her face but also will chase her all over the place to show her whos boss and Landy is a very gentle soul - My son and I love them dearly. Well now I have to figure out how to get pictures on here. They are big bunnies and can be a handful - have gone through lots of wires and baseboards.
Your Landy sounds so neat! I can't wait to experience Rubeus, my Flemish. I know he won't be has High energy as a Checkered Giant is, and Landy proves it, but he may surprise me there too. We strongly encourage our Tribe to participate in exercise. After all, they still are wild.

Regarding pics, The Gallery is good place to go. I use Photobucket. A little easier for me. Free account, easy to upload and transfer pics.

Can't wait to see Landy and Sullen. Sullen sounds like my Luna. She lets everyone know she the boss. And noisy. Has to know everything.

K

Hi everyone, I finally managed to figure this out - it is such a blessing to be able to talk to other bunny lovers out there- where I live - no one understand - someone actually said why dont you just stick them in a cage outside like normal people - I could just cry sometimes.

^^^im right there with you. I know NO one who understands rabbits or can even comprehend why I love Agnes so much. I try to explain to my friends and family but they either lose interest or think I'm weird. AND yes, think Agnes should just live in a cage. :( oh well, they are missing out. Rabbits are hysterical and complete joy as far as I'm concerned. Agnes makes me laugh everyday :)

Glad you found your way here. Looking forward to sharing bunny stories with you. Oh and start a blog if you want! I find it a great way to journal about my time with Agnes. Even if no one reads it,its a good way to look back on things :)

Hello Christine, and welcome aboard! :) I can't wait to see pictures of Sullen and Landy. I can just picture a big Checkered running around with a big stuffed animal. That has got to be funny!

Hi, Thanks ever so much for your kind words - oh you have no idea how good it feels to talk to people who understand I havent been able to do that before - among family and friends. My 11 year old son and I are the only ones around here it seems. It does my heart good to chat with rabbit loving people - it sure does. I am going to figure out how to send pictures - I am quite old fashioned and its only thanks to my son I managed to get this far. I can see little Agnes there - shes a little charmer isnt she - all those little tufties of hair on top of that little head - she is not that big in size - a little bundle of joy - I have never had a lionhead. Is Reubus still a baby -or new The flemish grow m bigger than even those that I have - They are about 10lbsI think the flemish can be 15 or heavier- I heard they are sweet tempered and gentle giants. That beautiful siamese in the picture is a netherland dwarf? Sullen is a darling and she knows what she wants and she makes sure she gets what she wants and when she wants it. She sure keeps me hopping around the clock - actually she is the clock - before school was out and she was late the whole household was late for everything - my two sons would look around groggy eyed and ask what happened - Sullen must have slept in. What does Luna look like? Well I am rambling but I like it.

christinebunnies wrote:
Hi, Thanks ever so much for your kind words - oh you have no idea how good it feels to talk to people who understand I havent been able to do that before - among family and friends. My 11 year old son and I are the only ones around here it seems. It does my heart good to chat with rabbit loving people - it sure does. I am going to figure out how to send pictures - I am quite old fashioned and its only thanks to my son I managed to get this far. I can see little Agnes there - shes a little charmer isnt she - all those little tufties of hair on top of that little head - she is not that big in size - a little bundle of joy - I have never had a lionhead. Is Reubus still a baby -or new The flemish grow m bigger than even those that I have - They are about 10lbsI think the flemish can be 15 or heavier- I heard they are sweet tempered and gentle giants. That beautiful siamese in the picture is a netherland dwarf? Sullen is a darling and she knows what she wants and she makes sure she gets what she wants and when she wants it. She sure keeps me hopping around the clock - actually she is the clock - before school was out and she was late the whole household was late for everything - my two sons would look around groggy eyed and ask what happened - Sullen must have slept in. What does Luna look like? Well I am rambling but I like it.
Agnes is a perfect example of a very Lovely Lion Head. Mine both have flowing manes and poofy butts as well. And they do have such personalities. Definitely different than my Netherland and Polish.

Rubeus is only 6 weeks old. I saw his Dad who is a good 20 plus pounds. Mom not far behind. So he's going to be a BIGGUN. And I'm finding out how true the laid back, gentle ways of a Flemish. Total acceptance. He's just special. Definitely different than the rest of my special tribe. Will be so interesting to get to know him. He's still settling in but much more comfortable than ever could imagine in such a short period of time.

And if you like, go to the ZRabbit blog, I have pictures of all my Tribe. Luna is a Broken Chocolate. Love her upside down exclamation mark on her back. Neville is a Blue Tort. Just love his mane and his blue is coming in so well now that he's lost his baby fur.

K

:wave: Serena, our 18+ pound Checkered Giant is very active and loves to get up on top of everything--she's also a cuddle bunny and loves to be held, rubbed and carried around.

Hi ZRabbits, I saw your pictures - your rabbit family is absolutely gorgeous - I love the face of the black one - Kreature is his name - his fur looks like silk. Wow you are going to have quite a family when Rubeus grows up - a bunny band of little 3-4 pounders with their young 20 pound brother following along behind them - You could take quite the pictures.

Hi Nancy, I didnt know checkered giants get that big - I thought they get to be around 12 pounds - but a lady told me that they grow until they are 18 months old - Is that true? - I also heard they are interesting and intelligent which is very true. Well landy is about 14 months - and the last time I weighed her was about 7 months ago - Sullen and her dont like to be lifted since they have grown up - so I dont know what they weigh now - I lifted Sullen of the kitchen table the other day - she likes to jump up and see what everyone is having for dinner - I usually push the chairs in so she hasnt done it for awhile - I was surprized at how heavy she was and she even let me hold her for awhile which was so nice. They love to be cuddled on the floor but not held. When Sullen was a teen she jumped from the floor to the table - She was a handful - likes to go on the computer too and sit on the keyboard and chew the phone wires - a few times she did that while I was on the phone - Ive replaced the phone, nintendo, mouse and other wires a few times - just the phone alone about 5 times. Well I hardly ever lift them anymore - they hop everywhere and know their routine and where to go on their own - I thought 10-12lbs were as big as those two will get - so the checkered giants can get even bigger - they have a very long and slender body like a jack rabbit with very long ears and the New Zealand Whites are plump like a giant marshmellow. So Landy might still grow some more.

christinebunnies wrote:
Hi ZRabbits, I saw your pictures - your rabbit family is absolutely gorgeous - I love the face of the black one - Kreature is his name - his fur looks like silk. Wow you are going to have quite a family when Rubeus grows up - a bunny band of little 3-4 pounders with their young 20 pound brother following along behind them - You could take quite the pictures.
Thanks so much for your kinds words about the Z-Tribe. Every one of them has their own unique personality. Truly looking forward to seeing Rubeus's personality come forth and shine.

Kreacher, my Polish is the one that taught me about "bunny attitude". Absolutely love my littlest Tribe member.

K

Hi Nancy, I didnt know checkered giants get that big - I thought they get to be around 12 pounds - but a lady told me that they grow until they are 18 months old - Is that true? - I also heard they are interesting and intelligent which is very true. Well landy is about 14 months - and the last time I weighed her was about 7 months ago - Sullen and her dont like to be lifted since they have grown up - so I dont know what they weigh now - I lifted Sullen of the kitchen table the other day - she likes to jump up and see what everyone is having for dinner - I usually push the chairs in so she hasnt done it for awhile - I was surprized at how heavy she was and she even let me hold her for awhile which was so nice. They love to be cuddled on the floor but not held. When Sullen was a teen she jumped from the floor to the table - She was a handful - likes to go on the computer too and sit on the keyboard and chew the phone wires - a few times she did that while I was on the phone - Ive replaced the phone, nintendo, mouse and other wires a few times - just the phone alone about 5 times. Well I hardly ever lift them anymore - they hop everywhere and know their routine and where to go on their own - I thought 10-12lbs were as big as those two will get - so the checkered giants can get even bigger - they have a very long and slender body like a jack rabbit with very long ears and the New Zealand Whites are plump like a giant marshmellow. So Landy might still grow some more.

Welcometo Rabbits Online, my name is Dave and I am a moderator on the forum. So if I can be of any help please let me know. This is a terrific website for rabbits and their slaves, not only is it very active but also friendly. I am so glad you’re here and I know you will enjoy it.

Hopefuly, your bunny will never get sick,if you everhave a sick bunny, please post in The Infirmary and include your rabbit's age, breed and health history as well diet and output details leading up to the problem.

Here are somelinks I thought you might find interesting:

*For reference the Library section

*To brag or tell everyone about the antics of your bunny or just to talk about your day here is where to start a Bunny Blog, you can also look back at it later and remember when you had a life before your bunny.

*Now all the bunny’s like talk to each other when we mere slaves aren’t around in the Bunny Chat is the spot to be.

*The House Rabbit Society has a lot of good information on what veggies are safe for bunny’s, etc.

*Here is a link to learn what your furry master is trying to say to you How to Understand Your Bunny's Language

The Let Your Hare Down section is for anything non-bunny related.

Here is a link tothat will help you and your bunny to connect, How to Bond with Your Bunny.

Now every forum has rules and ours can be found with this link Rabbits Online Forum Rules. This gives guidelines on what is acceptable, what is not and how we hope everyone will treat each other.

Everyone on this forum loves to see pictures of each other’s bunnies. So if you would like to post a picture this link will help you do that, Upload Photo's to Photo Gallery. Then in the post, you click on the "G" in the tool bar to insert your photo. Many people also use Photobucket. You just copy the img file and paste it into the post.

Don’t hesitate to ask questions and I am glad you have joined rabbits online; I look forward to seeing you around.

Latest posts

Back