BRACES

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*poifect*

Reaction score
Im getting braces next month!!!! Have any of youever had/have braces?! If so what is it like.. does it hurt...whatcolour should i get?!? LOL

lurv Anabell :mrsthumper:

go for the lighter colours. I wouldnt know if ithurt since i don't have any braces but my friends have told me it hurtswhen you get it .

-April and BunBuns

I've had them.:?

Getting them in isn't sore, uncomfortable but not sore.:) After you'vehad them in for about an hour it will probably start to hurt. You'llneed painkillers.

After a few days the pain will go away and you'll get used to wearing them.

They tighten them every 6-8 weeks, ok, don't want to worry you oranything, but that hurts. But like before it will go away prettyquickly.

Colours...in my experience not all of them will stay the colour theyare:?I had blue and they turned a horrible shade of green, Ihad light pink and they turned an even worse shade of orange, and mylilac ones turned white.:lol

Some people get two colours, they are nice.:)

I had braces, and like the others said, it hurts when you get them, and also when it's tightened.

I had clear brackets (the bits stuck to your teeth) so I didn't have any colours.

Also, try to follow the guidelines that they say, like don't eat anapple whole, cut it up, etc, because the brackets can come off easily(and if the dentist/orthodontist is not great they may just randomlycome off anyway).

And if they offer you wax, take it, because it can help.

Also, when you have them taken off, try to wear the retainers as directed, I didn't, and my teeth moved a lot.

I was an orthodontic nightmare. I hada palete expander (sideways) then a distil jet (back/front) because Ihave huge teeth anda small jaw.

I had 2 phases of braces over a 5 year period. First just thetop, then top & bottom, then rubberbands as well. Istill have my retainers and I wear them nightly.

I've also had 4 baby teeth and 2 adult teeth pulled so far.I'm going to have my 3 wisdom teeth pulled soon and possibly have sometauri (bony growths) removed from the inside of my jaw. Ialso still have one of my baby teeth because that adult tooth nevershowed up. It should fall out in about 30 years at whichpoint I'll need a fake tooth.

My gums are grown over part of my 12 year molars because there isn'teven enough space for them. Imagine the pain when theorthodontist forced a metal bracket under the gum and around thoseteeth.

yeah.

Nonetheless, I take great care of my teeth and have never had a cavity. :)

Goodness, Missyscove, that seems like alot of work!
I have the same problem, small jaw and alot of big teeth.
I haven't had my wisdom teeth pulled yet.
There's alot of work that needs to be done first.
Ha, wow, after reading your post, I'm slightly scared to get any work done at all.

I blame my parents (geneticallyspeaking). Then again, I thank them because I look at x-raysof my teeth and I think... wow, what would my jaw look like?

The thing I HATED the most...was the firstcouple of days when the braces would rub against my lips...had to putthe dental wax (supplied bymasochistic orthodontist) on themto keep them from making the skin raw! It didn't hurt thatmuch but it irritated! If you forgot and smiled too wide yourlips got hung up on them and you ended up lookinglikesomekind ofrabid animal!<shaking head> And they say highschool is the best yearsof your life! LOL I want a refund!:D

LoL! im really nervouse now since you all have been saying it kinda hurts!! and im such a wimp when it comes to my mouth!!!

Lurv Anabell :mrsthumper:

My sister and friends have all had braces andthey say they hurt when they tighten them up, and they make your mouthreally sore. But I havent had braces like that so I wouldntknow.

I use to have a brace that you could take out when you ate(retainers). At first they were awful and hurt, but I got useto them, and after a year of having then, finally allowed to take themout for good, I got upset because I didnt want to give themup. Hehe. I was only 12! :DI think I mayof cryed :?:shock::embarrassed:

The dentist then wanted me to have the braces you are having, but Irefused because I was told so many horrible storys aboutthem. I regret it now because I am not fond of my teeth, eventhough they are alot better than they were!

Dont let people put you off them! They are all worth it in the end :D

I'm not going to lie, they poke you and whilethe boxes they glue on the front teeth don't hurt, the brackets thatget wrapped around the molars can hurt to put on. Not tomention it tastes bad. The worst part for me was when theyhad to take the molds. And giving up gum and soda for 5years. ACtually, in my last year they told me I could have asoda a month. That was nice.

Just don't be like me, have braces for 3 yearsand then not get your wisdom teeth pulled until 25 years old. My wisdomteeth ruined all the alignment my braces made.

Get those wisdom teeth pulled!

Oh and remeber to brush brush brush. I never had a cavity before mybraces, but once they came off, I had them all over. I didn't brushenough while they were on. :(

:winkthanks!!! Theorthedontist said i dont have tooo bad teeth so i won't have them forTHAT long. ( hopefully!!) And my jaws big enough to not have teethremoved. :jumpforjoy:

Lurv Anabell :mrsthumper:

Latest posts

Back