Boys & Girls

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SParrott

Reaction score
Hello

I am just about to collect my 2 new buns this afternoon, one doe & one Buck.

Can someone please tell me how long I can keep them in the same cage before I have to split them until they are neutered?

I understand that the buck can be neutered from about 4 months old and the doe is about 6 months, is this correct.

I will keep them in the same cage but split them with some wire so theyare still together but unable to get to each other as I don't want anybabies.

I hope someone can please tell me how long they can stay together asthey are brother & sister and I don't want to give them anymorestress what with being split from their mum & then from eachother.

Thanks
Sam

How old are they? If I am right bucks as youngas 8weeks have been known to knock someone up. Also I would have somedistance between cages. It can happen through wires. I know soundsinsane but trust me it happens.

Oh my gosh really, they are 8 weeks now, so should I keep them separate from here on until I get the buck neutered?

Yes. . The boy can reproduce for a few weeksafter. While the female once she is done that is it. So you will stillhave to keep them apart for a bit.

Also just because they are siblings does not mean they will bond.

When you put up your wire divider, just put up adouble layered piece with about a half to a full inch between the twopieces.

That way they can still see each other and touch noses, but they shouldn't be able to mate.

I keep my foster all together untill they go in for neuters andspays. The boys get done at about 3-4 months old, and thegirls right after at 5-6months. I do have alot of experienceand alot of even more experienced people around me to helpthough. I wouldn't reccommend it to someone who has never hadbuns before.

Get them fixed as soon as possible then once they are both done, you can start bonding them.

--Dawn

Too be completely safe they should be seperatedby 10 weeks.and rabbits dont care if they are relatedeither.bluebird:bunnydance::bunnydance::shock::colors::elephant::D:D:):(;):X:?:mad:

Latest posts

Back