Boycott webstore Junglepup

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mom of Joy and Love

Reaction score
This online dog store sells rabbit ears as a snack for dogs. Look at the description below. Im am sick to my stomach. Please goto link and write a protest and circulate this to as many people you know. Description Our dehydrated rabbit ears are a great, high protein snack for your dog. Perfect for raw feeders or as a supplement to your dog's diet, these natural treats come from a small, family-run farm. Raised with plenty of fresh air and sunshine, the rabbits are fed an alfalfa-based pellet and are housed in a cage-free colony setting. Hormone-free and antibiotic-free. Size: Approximately 15 rabbit ears per package. .
serv
Please go to this site and tell them how you feel about this product. Would appreciate a Boycott of this site. We own rabbits and they are smart and capable of learning many things in addition to be great buddies.

Removed as it is against the rules

Sorry

Yes, there are so called meat breeds. It is a term given based on size and muscularity of the animal.

However, as raising for consumptive purposes vs. show purposes vs. pet purposes is an obviously inflammatory, upsetting subject for some, we do not discuss this on RO.

Please see the forum etiquette manual for further information.
http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=11860&forum_id=14

Unacceptable Behavior (Subject toWarnings):

- name calling

- ridiculing of another's opinion

- failure to 'agree to disagree'

- the posting of obviously inflammatorytopics (eg: rabbit meat, breeder vs.animal rights attacks)

- overly abrasive or negative posts on any topic

- personal vendettas

- 'advertising' or linking other forums or commercialventuresin posts (see Content Rulesfor advertising policies).

There are websites focused on discussion of this sensitive topic. I'm confident a Google search would suffice to explain this topic further.

Thanks.

Autumn

Mom of Joy and Love wrote:
http://junglepup.com/Dehydrated-Rabbit-Ears/A/B000NI988Y.htm

This online dog store sells rabbit ears as a snack for dogs. Look at
the description below. Im am sick to my stomach. Please goto link and
write a protest and circulate this to as many people you know.

Description
Our dehydrated rabbit ears are a great, high protein snack for your
dog. Perfect for raw feeders or as a supplement to your dog's diet,
these natural treats come from a small, family-run farm. Raised with
plenty of fresh air and sunshine, the rabbits are fed an alfalfa-based
pellet and are housed in a cage-free colony setting. Hormone-free and
antibiotic-free. Size: Approximately 15 rabbit ears per package.
serv
Please go to this site and tell them how you feel about this product. Would appreciate a Boycott of this site.

We own rabbits and they are smart and capable of learning many things in addition to be great buddies.

I've removed the link due to disturbing content and some concerns raised about this topic.

Pam

Thanks. Such posts can be very disturbing to people.

Its a tough call because this isn't animal cruelty. These bunnies had short but happy lives and humane deaths. The sad truth is that dogs eat rabbits. (Pretty much everything eats rabbits). :tears2:

Vegetarians can rally against meat eaters, but it's a difference of philosophy with both sides represented equally on this board.

When wondering where the lines are drawn, one way is to substitute the word 'chickens' (or 'ducks' or 'pot-belly pigs') for 'rabbits' and see where it sits. Nobody would think twice if it was chicken feet (or duck bills or pig knuckles). (And they probably sell a rabbit raw diet item, most do). If it was a 'pet store', then maybe a petition would make a difference, but this appears to be a 'dog' store.

We are fans of rabbits, we don't like to see them discussed as food, especially so graphically, but we're a minority.

I will sign a million petitions to stop the cruel treatment of battery hens at a chicken farm, but its a waste of energy petitioning a grocery store to stop selling chicken.

I will fight to eradicate the feeding of *live* small animals to snakes, but I can't say don't feed small animals to snakes. That's what snakes eat.

With rabbits all we can do is what we're doing -- try and make individuals realize that rabbits make better pets than products.

And as always, fight for humane treatment.

As noted, discussions about rabbits as food on this board is very much discouraged (if not prohibited). Anybody wishing to carry this further can contact the original poster.

sas

Latest posts

Back