Boy rabbits fighting.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Myia09

Reaction score
I posted this on my blog, but I am going to repost it here.

So I posted this on bunspace and didn't get an actual answer..but now I am just dealing with it.

Kinobe and Anakin hate each other..I mean hate. I can't cage one and have one out, they fight through the bars. Kinobe has ruined our door of our apartment bedroom (We have to replace it) due to digging/biting it to GET TO Anakin.

and YES they are both neutered.

Well, two things happened. I got bit trying to separate them:
bite.jpg

And then Kinobe's ear got bit. I took him to the vet and he is okay, no issues.

But it just really is difficult for me.

I am really tired of having Chewy and Anakin in the bedroom only, because it takes away time. And when I do take them out, Kinobe after wards scent marks and poops everywhere.

In the new apartment, out space is completely different and it may turn into they have to have cages next to each other. But that just won't work...they will fight.

So I am really worried about what to do..and the quality of their lives. I spend lots of time with Chewy and Anakin, and they are free roam (Except when I am sleeping) in the bedroom (Which is large) but I worry that it isn't enough not to be in the living space with us more often (Now it is only like an hour a day) I am also afraid one of them is going to get injured.

Can anyone give me advice? We are moving to a 2bdrm (Although the second bedroom can't be a full bunny room..long story)

How long ago were Kinobe and Anakin neutered? It could be that the hormones haven't calmed down yet.

Also it could be that Kinobe is being territorial. Do you have an area that both bunnies haven't been, a neutral area?

I am not sure what else it could be. I don't have two males. So hopefully someone will come along and have some advice.

As for the bite: keep an eye on it. Make sure it doesn't become infected, wash that bite every day diligently. When Sweetie bit me, I washed my finger throughout the day just to make sure that it would not get infected.

That bite may hurt for a few days. Please keep an eye on that bite. It looks like it is starting to bruise up.

They were nuetered in July. And no, I live right now in a 1bdrm apartment, and even in the 2bdrm there isn't enough space (maybe my bedroom?) for "neutral" area.

The last bunny bite ripped my knuckle off; this isn't anything :p

You're right, as bites go that's nothing. The last time I had to separate two bunnies I got bit 3 times. Some bunnies just won't ever get along with anything. We use playpens when we want to have two out--not as much space as the whole room, but no healing required either. If it's an interior door, you could cover it with a couple layers of cardboard--it gives some protection and can be replaced easily when it gets too worn.

Yeah, that is probably what I am going to do. I really hope I can keep Kinobe free roam and just penned at night.

if you need to keep the cages next to each other, just take a piece of Bristol board and pinch it between the two cages so they can not see each other. what kind of cages do they have? the bigger NIC ones or the store ones? cause if it's the store bought one's then you can get the "for sale" signs from the dollar store and use that instead. it'll last a lot longer then thick paper. if it's the NIC cages, then you'll either need to use something large such as Bristol board or get the "for sale" signs and tape them together with duct tape.

Back