Boy Am I Envious Of You Guyes That Are Good At Clipping Nails!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mindy10

Reaction score
So I have not cut Blossoms nails since April so I knew I had to do it. Well she was not being as cooperative as she was last time so I had to put her crack (papaya) in a box then she jumped in so I covered the box with a towel. Ran to the Dryer and put the box on there and then took her out and wraped the towel around her and had to have my husband hold her down while I pulled out her feet and clipped the nails. Of course im blind as a bat so it was so hard to see the quik and she kept pulling her feet back into the towel!! I was sweating like a pig the time i was done. But I finally got it done. Thank god im done now for another month!! I envy people that have a easy time clipping there rabbits nails!! LOL

LOL! It sounds like it was quite the challenge! I just have my daughter hold mine (like normal) and I clip the one side. Then she swaps them around and I clip the other side. I don't think they even realize I'm doing anything. LOL

you can be a complete pro but if the bunnys struggles its gonna make it hard :) bunny burrito and sweets!

We have some that hate to be picked up. I don't have trouble clipping them while she's holding them...but she sometimes gets scratched quite a bit. LOL I think of it as payback for all the times my Flops have scratched the heck out of me at shows and she laughs. haha

Bugsy is AWESOME with his nails. I lay him on his back in my lap and just talk to him. I can do 2 paws before he starts to fuss a little.. then i stop for a second, talk to him, give him kissies and finish up.
Oreo on the other hand. I'm straight up 100% SCARED. She has sliced me with her nail so bad one time, i bled for a long time and it was not cool. Still have a nasty scar.

Twig's really bad too. He does NOT like to be picked up at all and if he's sitting next to you and you even try to touch his feet he takes off in a huff :grumpy:. I have to call my mom to do it. While I hold him down she cuts. Not fun at all.

My kids are pretty good about it as long as I do the sideways technique (they sit on my lap and I pull a paw out to the side to clip). They don't "do" up-side-down without a fight.

Trying to get Gary's sore hock medicine on his feet is quite the challenge. He whimpers like I'm hurting him and I feel guilty, but I know it is for his own good.

I used to feel the same but after having to wrangle cats, guinea pigs and bunnies it gets a lot easier -you do get the odd very tricky one though, the main thing is that it gets done

I usually just relax them as I hold them. My bunnies were always very trusting. I would flip them on their back and pet them till they closed their eyes. And clipclipclip done. Syn was another story but now she lets me. My mom had to come over while we did the holding thing and flipped her sides around.

Latest posts

Back