Boxing rabbit - is he mad?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tweetiepy

Reaction score
Quite a while back I asked if rabbits did anything with their front paws - like hold stuff. Popcorn has a plastic slinky that he can play with, if I stretch it up high, he'll use his paws to lower it. Lately, he's also taken to boxing with his fabric scrinchy tunnel - he'll box away at it and squish it down flat. Is he mad when he does this? or is this just playing? I pet him when he does this and he doesn't turn around to bite, nor does hie growl when he's boxing but I'm wondering.

I want to try bonding him with my other fixed male Peaches soon and I'm worried he might still be too aggressive even after 6 weeks of being fixed to try bondthem.

I've searched the internet to see how fighting rabbits act so I can recognize it. I feel this might be beyond my abilities to bond these two

I would say, since they're not together yet, he's just playing. Hope does a great cat pounce impersonation when she's playing w/ her toys, too. She flips them w/ her front feet, tosses em w/ her mouth, lather, rinse, repeat. I find it cute, too!

Rabbits can get quite carried away with toys, sometimes it's hard to tell if they are just having fun or getting made cos it won't do or go where they want. Either way, it's not generally a reflection of how they will interact with another rabbit. Do make sure you use neutral territory for the intro though :)

i thought my bun was being mean to me when i'd put rose petals in his cage for him... i'd get a fistful and go into his cage and just open my fist, and it would rain rose petals. he would pounce on them and sometimes in the process, get ahold of my hand. for a while i thought he was being mean, then i realized he's playing with the rose petals. he doesn't pounce when i stick my hand in the cage, or when i drop food in the bowl... only for rose petals.

Back