bottom for exercise pen

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ironjel

Reaction score
I'm looking into adopting a second rabbit but have a cage big enough for only one. I'm considering putting an exercise pen around the cage but am curious if anyone has recommendations for a flooring that will work. I noticed some people use linoleum which is great but I don't know how to make a base so urine can't run off onto my carpet. My current rabbit is litter box trained but there's no telling what could happen when the second arrives. Thanks :)

you can still use linoleum, all you need to do is get/make a urin guard. you can use coroplast for that. just get a nice big sheet of it (or a bunch of small ones and tape them together with duct-tape) and you will notice that it is double layered. use a pair of scissors and slice the one layer but dont cut the other (this will keep it together and keep any liquids in) and make it so that it will fold up and you can attach it together to make a kind of basin, then tape the edges of that so that liquids wont leak out of the corners. i'll see if i can find pics of this. then you take the linoleum and line the coroplast with it to make it look nice ^_^

of course there is always the option to litter train them lol. i'm not sure how to do this as my bunny did it on his own... if it helps though i put yesterdays news all over the cage, then where i noticed he didn't do anything i stopped putting litter there, and slowly started to shrink the areas that he did, then eventually he started going in only one corner, so i bought a litter pan and put it in that corner. after a while i could start moving the litter pan and no matter where it was, Shadow only went in that litter pan and nowhere else.

Thanks for the tip.

The girl I have now is litter box trained, I just don't know about the guy I may adopt. He's been in a shelter for I don't know how long so... you know... Also, I figure it's better to protect the carpet, just in case :)

if need be too, just get linoleum that will go about 3 or 4 inches bigger then the cage/run in all directions. that way if any liquids do go out, it still stays on the linoleum.

Latest posts

Back