Bored maybe?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flirtycuddle

Reaction score
My bunny is under a year but not sure on exact age and has free roam most of the day while anyone is home. I added a chair to the living room by a window and he has taken to chewing the boxes that I have under his cage to catch excess hay or whatever he throws outta the cage while in there. Before adding the chair he never touched those boxes either lol. Now he lays behind the chair on a pile of cardboard pieces he has ripped off the boxes. When I tried to clean up back there so he could start over he grunted and lunged at me for the first time ever. He is fixed and has only been here about a month now but never showed any aggression before this. He gave me the bunny butt when I kinda laughed at his attempt to stop me from picking up the pieces.
Today he is jumping on top of his cage knocking over his pellet container and jumping on the chair looking out the window right behind it.
His favorite spot is now behind the chair on the floor on his pile of ripped up cardboard flopped out sleeping most of the day.
I'm guessing either the jumping is just showing me I am under estimating him and what he'll do or being bored trying to find new stuff to look at.

Rabbit's tend to really like things they can hide under and things they can jump on top of so a chair is probably a wonderful new toy as he can do both :)

Of course he started the jumping the morning after my fiancée
and I were discussing his new cage and the need for a top or not. I just had to say "he doesn't jump so a top isn't a big deal"

Mine's been reorganizing his cage lately, I think he doesn't like where his litter is cuz he keeps moving it around in there (and it's a pretty big litterbox). He's tossing all his stuff all over and he's now shredded his way to between "C" and "J" on the phone book in his cage

The lunging and grunting - Miss Hoppy and I made a game of it! It turned into a morning game, sometimes evening - when I'd hang up my bathrobe, she was usually behind the clothes rack - she like to hang out there. Well, my robe is very long, so it made a kind of curtain, and she would dash at and through it, then flip around and run back through! It became a game we could play anywhere in the room - that's the only room with carpet - a.k.a. excellent traction for furry feet - and she never would play it with my husband, just me! But maybe he'd enjoy a similar game?

Latest posts

Back