Book Club - new book for July

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gmas rabbit

Reaction score
I just finished this book, it was not gruesome, so if any of you are concerned don't be. My warning is though - unless you have time to read it don't start. I was hard pressed to put it down once I started. The other thing is that there will only be 2 questions, so don't let the discussion part put you off. What surprised you about the book? Why did you like it? Maybe if we keep this one simple, more people will be interested. I personally liked the last set of questions, but have been so involved in grandkids school work, it was just normal for me.

Kill Switch - by Neal Baer and Jonathan Greene - available in paperback for those who are interested. A psychological thriller of the first order that will resonate long after the final page is finished.

Meet Claire Waters, a young, dedicated forensic psychiartrist with unnerving personal insights into the criminal mind. Haunted by a disturbing childhood incident, Claire has always been drawn to those rare "untreatable" patients who seem to have no conscience or fear. But one shocking case could make or break her career- and it is waiting for her in the psychiatric wing of New York's Riker Island.

His name is Quimby, he is a deranged inmate who boyish looks hide a sordid history of disfunction and abuse. As Claire tries to unlock Quimby's past, she unwittingly reveals her own painful secrets, leaving herself dangerously vulnerable. And when the case propels her into the mind on another killer --- a homicidial maniac who's watching her every move - it can only end in madness, or murder of both.

This is an easy, fast paced read. Enjoy.

Ooooh I'll probably join in on this one. I missed out on June. Been busy. But I like the show Bones so this sounds like I would enjoy it :)

I just got the Kindle version, too. I'll take it up as soon as I finish the book I'm reading now (The Men Who Killed The Luftwaffe).

OMG! This book was so good! The suspence was great. I ended up rading the first two chapters a week ago, then the whole rest on Sunday because I couldn't put it down! Spoiler allert, don't keep reading this post if you havn't finished the book.

I loved that the plot wasn't predictable. I couldn't believe when the car went over the curb into the river. I thought, there's still a bunch of pages, what more could happen? It was so shocking that the whole thing was just to cover up corruption and a bad experiment! It is hard not to judge people based on their past. Individuals with emotional problems also get a bum deal a lot of the times and people just assume the worst. I'm glad they were able to add notes to the files to clear his name in the end even if he was dead. Excellent choice of a book I probably would not have picked up, but I'm glad I did. :)

Gah! I'm just seeing this post! I'll pick it up! I'm about to post the August book; keep your eye out!

I really enjoyed this book. When my grand daughter suggested it, I was a little iffy. It never ceases to amaze me the extent that the human race will go to in their efforts to cover up mistakes. I was also surprised when the car went in the river. I was thinking, what the hey??? there are still pages and pages and they killed him off. Glad that she finally got the closure about her friend, although personally I though some of the chapters of her finding her body were just a little lame. Almost like she was pyschic. All in all a good and easy read.

Latest posts

Back