Bonny is a ...what breed?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sealy

Reaction score
Bonny is 1 1/2 rs old, weighs about 7 -8 lbs ( she's a bit overweight I think) and I just can't decide what she is. her fur is velvety , she has he English Spot striping/patches .. I dunno.. I was thinking, maybe a NZ/Rex cross?
My mom had gotten her from a pet store when she was about 8 wks old...the pet store lady said she was a lop...lol um no.
Here she is though:

bonny6_15_07.jpg

bonny6_15_07hoggingacvent.jpg

Bonny305-26-07.jpg

Thanks!

~Sealy

By her description she looks like a rex . Possiblly a Cinnamon Dalmatian . Or could be a broken fawn which basically means it is white with collored spots

She looks like she's probably a Mini Rex that didn't get the dwarfing gene, allowing her to go over the 4 pound size. It's not that uncommon in the breed. Though, she is a bit chubby, lol!!

Her color is most likely broken fawn- but it's a little hard to tell exactly in these pictures.

She's a pretty girl! :)

She looks too me like a chubby mini rex that didn't get the dwarfing gene.

Color is either broken red or broken castor-hard to tell from the pictures.

Roger

lol we have definetly established she is chubby.. she came to me that way. ;)
I'm working on that. But besides chubby, she is just big built. I thought Mini rex's were..well... mini? She is not built mini sized ( without the chubby).
Thanks for the input :D

~Sealy

Sealy wrote:
I thought Mini rex's were..well... mini? She is not built mini sized ( without the chubby).
Thanks for the input :D

~Sealy

"Mini's" (Mini Lop, Mini Rex, Mini Satin) are small breeds, but are not dwarf size.

Pam

I have mini rex brood does that could rival your doe for size.

I weighed one of them tonight and she weighs 6 lbs and has

a litter of six. Five of them are small and one is like her. It all

depends on if they get the dwarfing gene.

Roger

At that weight she could be a Standard Rex. She looks a lot like one, and Standards often get folds of loose skin, usually a dewlap and some around the front legs, and that can make them look chubby. If she is a Standard I wouldn't say she looks all that overweight, that's fairly normal for a Standard Rex doe.

She's very pretty!:)

We;re from the Fattest State in the US

http://calorielab.com/news/2006/08/12/fattest-states-2006/ I'm chubby, the dog is chubby, even our Governor is chubby.. you expect Bonny to be a slim Bunny? O_O :p

Seriously though, pre me, she was stuck in her too litte for her cage, free Alfalfa pellet fed, no hay, no excersize. She is on 16% Timothy Hay pellets, free fed Timothy hay & let out for excersize a few times a day.. it's getting better.

~Sealy

Latest posts

Back