Bonding

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RocketsMommy2012

Reaction score
Any tips on how to form a very close bond with a rabbit? I feel like rocket only likes me bc I feed him. When he's out of his cage, he don't really come up to me for love and affection and when I try to pet him, he pretty much hops away. I want him to really love me. :( any suggestions?

Some rabbits are just more affectionate than others. My Lily is extremely lovable and comes out of her pen to sit by me and lowers her head for pets every time I sit down on the floor, any time of day. Squeeven, however, recoils from my advances often and used to only approach when he suspected there were treats. My only advice is to spend as much time as possible on the floor near rocket's cage. Reading, using your computer, talking on the phone, anything you would normally do sitting down, try to do it on the floor and hopefully he will start to approach you in his own time. Laying down on the floor is also good. Also, refrain from picking him up more often than necessary if he doesn't like it; that way he will view you as less of a threat. And rabbits don't like having a hand shoved right in their face, they often get offended. I always make eye contact, ask if I'm allowed to pet them and slowly move my hand toward their faces to avoid startling them. But it's a simple fact of life that some rabbits are less affectionate than others. Good luck!

He lets me kiss his head but it has to be when he's ready. He wears the pants I guess. ;) thanks so much! You were very helpful.

Latest posts

Back