Bonding =)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I recently got a new bunny :D he's an 8 week old holland lop and the main reason we got him is to bond him to my other rabbit. She is a 2 year old Netherlands dwarf. We are NOT going to start bonding then until he is full grown and neutered but I was wondering if we should move their cages so they are a few feet away from each other so they can get used to each other. :) thanks :biggrin:

I have a 2yr old neutered Rex in the same room as a 7 month old just spayed Rex. They are kept on different sides of th fence but Ellie will lick Rudy thru the fence & they will sit beside each other. We will begin official
Bonding in October. I do have a 7 yr old boy who was neutered 2 weeks ago & he is doing great.

I don't think 2 years old is too old to be spayed. It'll definitely decrease her chance of uterine cancer later :) Good luck bonding!

Sophie was 4 when I got her and had her spayed. It took longer for her hormonal behaviors to go away, but it went well. She had lots of follicules and in a middle of a false pregnancy, but luckily her husbunny was already neutered so no babies even though they were together for two weeks before I could get her in. :)

chances of cancer by age 5 are sky-high in females if they aren't spayed - much cheaper to get the bunny spayed and then you'll have it a lot longer!

two years old definitely isn't too old to get spayed, and even if the male is neutered, the spaying will be necessary before they can be bonded.

I'd keep the cages close enough that they can see and smell each other but leave a couple inches between so they can't fight through the bars.

Back