bonding

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnylove817

Reaction score
So Ive been trying to bond my two rabbits for the past 3 weeks, and it seems like they are starting to hate each other more and more every day!! When they are in the cage together (separated by 2-3 inches) they will either lay next to each other or fight between the bars (lots of boxing and attempted nips). If I put them out together in my bath tub they will hump each other like crazy (usually Sasha starts and then Midas won't stop) which leads to biting and hair going everywhere (which I always try to stop before it happens) But its like they want each other dead!! I tried putting towels in there cages and then switching them out every few days and they just attack the towels. Tried switching litter boxes, and they just stop using the litter box. Tried car rides, and they just fight (its like they arent scared of anything).

And Midas's personality has changed dramatically. He is really aggressive (is attacking my hand when I try to give him food, hay, or water) He bit me last night when I was trying to fill his hay bin!! And he is thumping like crazy.. I have never heard him thump this much before!

What can I do?

Have you tried stressing them? You can take them for a car ride and put them together in a box, or put them in a laundry basket on top of the washing machine (while it's turned on). Lots of times being stressed out together can bring buns together.

Also, try switching cages every day - they'll learn to deal with the other one's scent and not be as possessive.

I'm not a bonding expert, so that's really all I've got.

Back