bonding

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It can take a rabbit along time to trust humans. Some are more affectionate then others. I would try to sit or lay near your bun and let them come check you out. I would also try to offer food in your hand like a carrot or something good. I think it is important that they feel safe and like it is their choice to come up to you.

Rabbits are naturally curious. Even if it takes a bit of time, they will come and check you out. As they become more used to you, they tend to get bolder. Speak softly to your rabbit when he approaches you as your voice will become another recognition clue for them. As the bun gets more used to you, being petted will not seem like a threat.

Jo xx

When I first got one of my bunnies I would sit near him and read out loud so a) I could get some reading done for uni and b) he could get used to my voice.

And it seems to have paid off because now he seems to like me... sometimes he runs in circles around my legs and he comes over to me when I come into his room etc.

I guess the best advice I can give is to persevere. Let them get to know you in their time on their terms... I know it's hard though because I just want to cuddle them straight away but they need to feel safe first. and some will never feel that safe being picked up anyway.

Latest posts

Back