Bonding with humans

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

melbaby80

Reaction score
I think my holland has already bonded with us in only a few days of having her. She falls asleep on us, if we stop petting her she nudges us, she'll scratch gently at our clothes and just flops over on us then passes out (sleeps). She will even groom herself and snack on our laps. Would you say she is completely bonded with us? She does not even run away when we go to pick her up, she will actually come to us when we call her, (not by name, just hand gestures). Its because of her little ways that I am completely in love with her.

312gtqf.jpg

See? This is one of her favorite spots lol

Aww that is so cute! Sounds a lot like my Agnes! and I think she sounds bonded to you. All of those actions done by a bunny are only done when they feel secure and safe.

Good for you! She is a doll :)

Orlena, no she's just a baby. Will be 8 weeks this sunday, so you do you think its just because she is baby? Or does bonding with humans take longer?

Thanks guys! I really love her. She and my lion head have stole my hearts.

My little guy couldn't get enough of me until this week. He didn't have much to do with me for a few days and now he's slowly coming back to snuggling in my lap for short times.. I think he's going through an independent phase.. Don't get your feelings hurt if she does this, too. My guy is either 14 to 17 weeks old. Vet said he was younger than the people I bought him from said... Ha!

Yes she is bonded to you completely. Sweetie was completely bonded to me after a few weeks of getting her. I just had to work with her at sitting with me for more than a few minutes. On July 4, 2009, she sat with me for an hour or more. Some rabbits take a while to bond to their humans while others don't take as long. It just depends on the rabbit. Baby bunnies bond quicker than adult rabbits with their humans. That is just my opinion.

Sweetie wrote:
Yes she is bonded to you completely. Sweetie was completely bonded to me after a few weeks of getting her. I just had to work with her at sitting with me for more than a few minutes. On July 4, 2009, she sat with me for an hour or more. Some rabbits take a while to bond to their humans while others don't take as long. It just depends on the rabbit. Baby bunnies bond quicker than adult rabbits with their humans. That is just my opinion.

Well that makes me smile! :biggrin2::inlove:

Yes its does sound like she is bonded with you. Very Nice!

Just like my girl who likes to cuddle; as long as our cheeks are touching she is happy and sleeps.

Happy Bunny...Happy life!!

Also depends on the adult bunny too. I might have gotten a special case with Harvey, but he pretty much told me, hey you're going to love me and that's it haha. He's not much of a lap bunny but he made himself at home within the first few days that I had him. He follows me around. He loves licking me. And he just kind of settles down and melts when I pet him. Sometimes he gets so happy when I pet him I just see his jaw vibrating.

melbaby80 wrote:
Sweetie wrote:

Well that makes me smile! :biggrin2::inlove:

Thanks! I love it when Sweetie sits with me for a while and gives me bunny kisses on my nose.

Every 4th of July I cuddle with Sweetie; I even show her where the noise is coming from. She is the type of bunny that if she knows where the noise is coming from, she won't be afraid as much as if she didn't know where the noise is coming from.

Right now my little cuddle bug is hopping around on my desk. She's still so tiny. I'm just in awe as to how much she loves us. She'll put her little paws on your feet when she wants attention. Its like "hey mom pick me up", which she is awesome with! Putting her down is a different story. I think she'd rather be carried around like a baby. :D

Yep. Sweetie is pretty much the same way. She loves being held and she is tiny also. When Sweetie was 6 weeks old, I could hold her in one hand. When she was spayed, I was a nervous wreck. Sweetie is tiny and I love her. I melt every time I look at her. She is good with me putting her down, she doesn't kick.

Back