Bonding update

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angoralvr

Reaction score
I haven't updated you guys lately on how Acorn and Henri are doing. They have still been having meetings. I haven't been terriblyconsistent with them though. I was REALLY busy the weekend before Christmas and then there was Christmas of course so they didn't get to interact too much this week. This weekend though, I woke up Saturday morning to discover that I have two houdini bunnies! When I went to bed on Friday, Henri was securely in his cage, and Acorn in his enclosure. When I woke up, they were cuddled up next to eachother on my lovesac! It seems that Acorn figured out that he could climb the NIC cubes to get out and Henri decided he was going to chew through a zip tie in order to join his buddy. I let them stay out and together almost all day because they were doing really well. There really is not any fighting with them, my only concern is all the mounting! I am sure that this can be expected with two non-neutered (but soon to be neutered!) boys, but I don't know how to tell when enough is enough I guess.

They are not pulling out eachothers hair or anything, just doing a lot of circling and stuff. Sometimes it seems like Henri just wants to chill out but Acorn will still be running around him in circles. If it doesn't bother Henri, should I just let it go or is this a bad sign? They do just lay down and cuddle up sometimes, but more often, they follow eachother around.

I am thinking about moving Henri down to the basement but I am not sure if I should do that yet. If I did, it would be in his own seperate setup from Acorn's of course. If I can get them bonded, the basement would end up being their permanent home.

I don't know but it sounds like Henri is trying to ignore him and figure out what his deal is! LOL!

Haha, sometimes I think he does try to ignore Acorn. The little guy is definately the more high strung of the two, from what I've read, that seems pretty normal though. Occassionally I think he does get sick of all the jumping around because he will get up and sit on Acorn!

HAHA! I can imagine that! He seems like such a big sweetheart. Tony's that way but Bo and Clover have beaten him up enough that he doesn't want to be around them.

Lol, Henri is definately a pretty chill rabbit. If I am worried about anything with him, it is that he is going to get sick of the energizer bunny one of these days and actually let him know it. It is pretty funny to see Henri sit on Acorn though. Acorn completely dissapears under all that fur!

I am happy to see that 2 boys are getting along so well! I too am trying to bond two boys.

I love the cage!

I have seen many great cages here! I feel bad. My buns don't have anything fun like that. Zeus has a room with toys, a cage (his litter box) and a cozy place to sleep.

Bob has the living room and my room. Again, plenty of toys and a cage.

Should they be more confined?

now I am worried I am not doing something right!:shock:

Latest posts

Back