bonding two rabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

martini

Reaction score
Im wanting to get another rabbit. I already have one. How do I go about putting them together? My bun is about a couple of months old. Im wanting a mini lop. Im also having a hard time finding one that needs a home. I dont want them to fight.

First off your bunny needs to be spayed/neutered. Is s/he? If not, that's the first thing to get done.

There is no guarantee that rabbits won't fight, but the easiest way to do it is to take your bun (when healed and recovered from the spay/neuter) to a rescue and allow your bunny to choose a friend themself. This is unlikely to be a minilop though.

Why is it you want a minilop?

If you get a minilop and you don't date beforehand then there is a strong risk they will fight and you need to be prepared for that and work out what you will do in this instance.

The bonding has to be done on neutral territory. You can't just put them together or move them into your current bunnies house.

I would suggest reading the Library link on this http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=12072&forum_id=17 and also using the search function to look for lots of relevant posts on the forum. Then when you have specific questions you can ask them :)

Latest posts

Back