Bonding two female bunnies?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luvinmycowboy

Reaction score
How should I go about introducing my new bunny to my current one?
I'm getting a 2mo old and have a 5mo old right now.
Both are not fixed. Can female be bonded? Or enough to not kill each other ?
I'd like them to be friends my rabbit enjoys the dogs company and lays with him as well as the cats but they don't like her. We think she will do ok but we want to try and do everything right so no one gets hurt.

Any tips or tricks? Thanks

There is little chance of them bonding if they are not spayed, First step to any true bonding is A neuter/spay.

"There is little chance of them bonding if they are not spayed, First step to any true bonding is A neuter/spay."

I disagree. Two unaltered females can easily bond if both have the personalities to allow it. Mousse and Becca had a strong bond until Becca was spayed. It is easier to bond two altered or unaltered rabbits. If one is altered and the other is not that is where the problems happen.

I say put them both is a small cage and take them outside or on a ride. This helps a lot for first meetings. Both rabbits are in a strange place with very weird smells so it works well.

I too think it depends on the bunnies personalities, however, I would not attempt any sort of bond until both are through adolescence and have got their full and adult personalities, because then it is less risky and you know what you are playing with.

Ideally though, they should be spayed. Not just for the bonding aspect, but also to eradicate the high risk of hormonal cancers. Do you intend to get them spayed?

Latest posts

Back