Bonding Three rabbits-Start!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rachy1412

Reaction score
Day one of bonding! Today it is exactly 4weeks after Smokey's spay and we are ready for bonding! SO! I brought Smudge in and placed her in the living room in a petshop cage, I then brought Smokey down and placed her in the middle of the room. She ran up to the cage and sniffed Smudge who lunged through the bars, she did this twice. Then Smokey sat with her back up to the cage and didn't move for 10minutes. I then swapped them over. Smudge ran around the room minding her own business while Smokey sat in the cage. She came up to her a few times sniffing her and marking the cage with her chin.. no lunging this time. Each time Smudge came up Smokey would sniff her back and her tail would raise! We did this for 20minutes and then put each back. Apart from the intital aggression it seemed to go well. Tomorrow will be Hotchpotch's turn!

Wish me luck because he is the aggresive one!

Ok today was the first day of bonding! I am doing individual bondings so that I can work with each pair before trying a trio! Today was Hotchpotch's turn to meet his new lady Smokey. I thought oh god it's going to be hell because he is the aggressive one. But I was wrong. They sniffed each other, Smokey laid down her head and then Spotch just sat down. They spent the next 20 minutes just sitting next to each other, not grooming each other but just sitting together. Spotch got up and groomed himself while Smokey sat beside him. So cute!

I wanted to do it for longer but thought it was enough for the first meeting and I am pleased on how it went. Now I am putting Spotch back in with Smudge so fingers crossed he won't attack her after his meeting... I am REALLY nervous about that!

Back