Bonding Step 3!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phinnsmommy

Reaction score
Wohoo!

Phinn and Cleo are pretty much bonded. They lay next to eachother, and Cleo has been grooming Phinn :D

Bonding was going okay, but since it wasnt progressing, we decided to put them in a different area to see if that helped. Man oh man! It was so great! Within 25 min they were laying next to eachother, and Cleo was grooming Phinn. Im guessing Phinns the dominant one, sinceshe groomed him first. I almost wet my pants with joy when I saw it!!

Now Phinn is always asking for grooms from her, poor boy, most of the time she just turns the other way!!

Now they are in her cage together, binkying around!

They are so adorable. She grooms his sooo much though lol. It makes me all mushy inside.

We think they are going to spend the night together, but I am going to sleep right next to the cage, so ill wake up if anything happens.

Oh yeah, and some good news, when the bunnies move into my new rooms side closet, they will probobly be house buns forever! I just used the whole describe the horrific disease fly strike to my parents technique!! Mwahaha, I have so much power when it comes to them :biggrin:

Alright well I thought I would update you guys!

I PROMISE ill get some pics!!

:hug:

Oh I forgot to ask...

Cleo still humps Phinn every couple hours, is this normal? Will it stop?

And if Cleo is always grooming Phinn, and he never grooms her, does that mean he is dominant? And is she trying to win it back by humping him?

Congratz!! Wow that went well! Sounds like Buddy and Roxie when they are inside! So they are good together when they are outside in Phinn's cage? Bud and Rox don't do great outside.:?

That's great that they might be forever house buns! If only I could get my parents to let me move them inside.... :biggrin2:

If Cleo is still humping Phinn, they are still sorting out their dominance. It should disappear in a couple weeks or so! I am SOOO happy for you! :party:

Thanks!

No, they are inside Cleo's cage, its a 4x3 NIC. I know its small, but they are getting a walk in closet in about a week.

Since Phinn is now litterbox trained (Cleo taught him) that helped convince my parents :big wink:

Oh, that's so great Silvie!!

:pinkbouce:

Cleo is probably still hormonal from her spay, it's been 3 weeks right? I found that around 4 weeks most of the hormonal mounting will stop, and will just be mounting for dominance.

Usually the dominant bunny is the one wanting to be groomed. I'm sure Phinn will start to groom Cleo in a couple days of being together. That's what happened with my guys,Bruno started the groominmg, then Pebbles started grooming Bruno. Bruno is still mounting Pebbles, but it's decreasing day by day.

I'm so happy for you!! :hug1

Also - a 4 x 3 is a GREAT sized cage! Not small at all! That's great to hear that they might be permanent indoor bunnies :).

Hey!

Thanks Spring!

I actually dont really know what I was thinking, but I meant to say that their cage is 3x2. BUT they do get hours and hours of run around time. Its only for another week.

OH AND THEY ARE OFFICIALLY INDOOR BUNNIES!

yay!

And there blog is updated with pics!

Check it out :biggrin2:

Saw the blog :D They look great~

Glad to hear the bonding is going so well!

(Also glad to hear they're indoor buns! My boy just recently became an indoor bun, too! Par-tay! ):party::dancingorig:

~Diana and Butter

Latest posts

Back