Bonding rabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrea__xo

Reaction score
Hi all, theo has beens spayed and after waiting 3 weeks I am now in the process of bonding Charlie and theo.. They are both currently in the bath tub each grooming themselves, theo has shown more interest in Charlie so far but there have been no fights (yay) and both seem to be acting pretty indifferent apart from the grooming (they haven't groomed each other yet)
Just wondering I have an outside pen which theo goes in for 1 half of the day and Charlie the rest.. could I perhaps put them both in there if I move the pen to a different patch of grass? Also after this date do they both go back into their separate hutches bit confused as to where to go from here as so far so good
Thanks

do they like car ride(s) ... if so, put them both in a box and they will huddle up w/ one another ...

or

you can put them in different cage(s) but having the cage(s) next to each other. this would take some time but it take(s) up space

but again, just my opinion on it .. ( and really hope it works out )

They have already huddled together, just stuck now because scared I will break what progress we have made if I separate them in different hutches.. Their hutches are outside and I can move them within 1 inch of each other should I do that? Thanks

I would move them as close to another ...

how big are these hutches ... ??

could you sub divide one for a short time .. ?

They are both outdoor buns, I have two hutches ones big and the other normal sized I want to move them both into the bigger one eventually. I have moved them close together... Will let them out together again tomorrow

I would sub divide the brown ( which I take is the smaller one ) w/ putting their meal and water bowl(s) next to the division ( at where they can pick up each others scent and seeing each other )

but the draw back you would have to let them out more often for their workout and doing bunny business

this is how mine worked out and I had success ... it may not work, but its a try

also they may have other(s) that may have tried it differently and they had success, but this I can not comment on because I dunno ( just being honest )

Back