Bonding Questions

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kherrmann3

Reaction score
OK, I am going to go and meet up with "Bunny Bunny" the lionlop girlie that I found on Craigslist. I am taking Toby with me to see how they get along. I won't introduce them unless she passes the overall health test and personality test. If all goes well with the preliminary tests, I will introduce her and Toby together in her owner's bathtub.

I know that any extremely violent actions are an automatic no-go.

Some boxing/less serious fighting is OK. Mounting is OK as long as the "mounted" bunny isn't running away or turning to fight.

Ignoring can be a positive thing, and grooming is an awesome sign.

Other than these, what should I be looking for? I am going to gather some "bonding supplies" as well. I am taking Toby in a large carrier (made for terriers) that would fit two bunnies easily. I have to find a water sprayer, too. I will also be taking a towel along and a square of cardboard for breaking up any fights. I am going to pack a litter pan full of hay before I leave, too. So they can munch on that while in the tub (diffuse some aggression, I hope).

If she winds up coming home with us, I would like to try putting them together in the car. I would be putting them both in the carrier. Has anyone done this before? They don't fight in the car? I have never bonded buns (besides trying with Toby and Berry-Boo), so I want to make sure that they will be OK.

Any information helps! Thanks in advance!

I would bring 2 carries just in case. They may do well in the bathtub, but may not in the carrier in the car. Having an extra one on hand would be a good idea just in case. A large rubbermaid container or cardboard box would work as it would only be for a short time.

Otherwise it looks good. Remember to have the cage set up for her. It is easier to have it ready than to have to set it up when you get home.

I don't have a cage for her... yet. If we take her, her current owner is sending her cage/supplies along with us. She will have to wait until we get home and set up her cage... I do have a second carrier, but forgot to mention it! ;)

Latest posts

Back