Bonding Question!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lady_TOX

Reaction score
Hello!
I have two Rabbits one is a girl 2 years old named Yuki, and she has had a baby who is now 7 weeks old named Avery, Im not sure if it is a boy or girl yet, though im thinking it is a boy. I've heard of rabbits bonding before on here, and so I was wondering exactly what bonding two together means and is?
Is it possible for a Mom and Kit to be bonded? My two buns are always together, cleaning each other, sleeping, running around and they really like each other, never had a problem with them fighting so far. Could these two be considered a bonded pair?

Young rabbits should never be considered fully bonded because they haven't matured yet. Most rabbits, including ones that aren't related will get along just perfectly until maybe 10-12 weeks which is when hormones can start to kick in and fighting/mating begins etc. That being said, male rabbits can mature quite early and you'll have to be careful to ensure that if the baby is a boy, that he doesn't get your doe pregnant again.

So no, they're not bonded. Two adult rabbits that are (most often) desexed are considered bonded when they can live peacefully, sharing food, cages, play space etc without any fighting.

Thanks, my momma rabbit is getting spayed this month so that should be fine, and so once my baby bun is an adult and if they get along is it considered bonded? Even if it's a mom and kit?

Latest posts

Back