Bonding question...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjpeter

Jenn
Reaction score
I seem to have hit a bit of a wall with Jack and Bella. There are doing very well for only meeting a week ago. They can spend hours together, groom each other, and seem comfortable with each other. I tried to put them in a neutral cage (They had been in different bonding type environments) and Bella became very territorial with Jack over every kind of hidey hole or toy. If he was stiffing it or paying attention to it, she would go and nip him in the butt and pull hair.

So, we are back to bonding areas where I can watch them. They can eat together and still spend many hours each day together, but I don't know what I need to do to get Bella to be less territorial. Is it just going to take more time? I'm not complaining about the timeline since it has been very fast, but I just don't want to make any mistakes. Bella wears the pants in the family, it you know what I mean. :)

The first photo is Jack and Bella in the neutral small cage I set up that Bella became very territorial in...they are not in it now. The second photo is of the bonding box that they do very well in...as soon as you put them in it, they go love each other up even after a fight in the other cage.

20140324_191306 (1).jpg

20140320_231221.jpg

Latest posts

Back