Bonding Question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gedesgirl

Reaction score
I'll be picking up my new bunny next weekend. He'll be a little over 8 weeks old. I plan to get him spayed, which I believe has to be at 4 months at the earliest. In the mean time, I'll be getting his half brother with in a few weeks later.

Knowing that two bucks can get territorial once they hit adolescence and before they are fixed how should I approach a bonding process between them? I'm hoping that their age will be a benefit to the process.

Tree

If it was me, I would put them in separate cages next to each other until they are neutered. That way they can see and smell each other, which will hopefully help when you go to bond them.

I had two bonded buns for 4 years. One had to have surgery and I had to separate them so that the other bun didn't eat the stitches. They lost their bond and I had to start over. That is why I would keep them separate plus the chance of their hormones kicking in when you aren't home and they get in a fight.

Latest posts

Back