Bonding Question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sterling Lop Rabbitry

Reaction score
Ok A Friend Of Mine Has Checkered Giant Doe Which Is Spayed And An Uneutered Flemish Giant Buck, They Are Bonded And Have Never Fought. I Just Purchased A Spayed English Angora Doe, We Are Picking Her Up On Saturday,I Would Love To Bond Her With My Uneutered French Angora Buck Cotton, Is This A Good Idea?:?

I'd be worried about an unneutered buck mounting the living daylight out of a doe. I wouldn't recommend it either.

You could bond her with another girl that you don't intend to breed, just make sure she's past puberty and go slow with the bonding. It's more difficult with those hormones and the bonding won't be as likely.

I would imagine the unneutered buck might spend all his time chasing the doe, to the point of exhaustion. That obviously depends on the personality of the bun, age and how 'horny' they are, but I think the pair of buns you know who live like this are going to be in the minority, as opposed to the majority when it comes to spayed/unneutered buns.

I am moving this thread, I think this question really belongs in the Behavior threads... (althoughI think you've gotten excellent advice!) ... more people might be willing to offer suggestions in Behavior.(There seems to be more experience with bonding issues and maybe someone has had a similar situation.)

Latest posts

Back