Bonding Process Update

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jace

Reaction score
Sorry for the lack of updates and pictures! Itsbeen fairly hectic here but on a plus side that gave some time forNanali to get used to her new home and new friends. Everyone is a lotmore relaxed now, finally settling into the groove of things. So farthey've always have had bars between them. No free interaction yet.

At first when they were sniffing through thebars the one inthe cage would quickly throwtheir 2 front feet up on the sideand then a little fight would start up but quickly be stopped. I thenstarted monitoring them more often and would talk and soothe them asbest I could while they were sniffing each other and that seemed tohelp a lot. With some time they've relaxed a lot more. I've even caughtthem lounging on the same side of the cage with each other. Althoughsome of this i'm a bit uneasy to be 100% trusting of. I read about howthey'll try to act more relaxed than the other out of spite so not toosure what to think of this yet.

Anyway, more time is freeing up and i'm going to take them on a carride and get some more of the bonding process going. I'll keep you guysupdated and tons of pictures to come =)

Good Luck!

Dining room table (with a blanket over it) also works great for neutralterritory. Keep some raisins on hand for rewarding good behavior aswell! Let us know how it goes.

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed ....

Well my hardest part is they don't like beingheld so I need to get ahold of 2 carriers (which i need to get anywayfor emergency vet visit)

Other than that I think my next day off i'm going to plan the whole dayaround a sequence of bonding sessions and see how that goes =P

I dont know if you have a helper or not...butthe best bonding car rides Ive had are when mybf drives and Isit in the backseat with the bunnies. I just lay a towel down and setthem next to one another. Mine are so scared they dont fight...

Yeah I decided against the car ride. I decided to use the bath tub instead.

The first date went great for what I expected. At first I got them bothin there and they acted like they had already gotten this part out ofthe way and did everything like normal (as normal as a new place canbe). After looking around a bit Bud decided he should nip Nanali on therear leg. It looks a lot worse than it feels I guess. It looks like hestrying to gnaw on her fur when he does it (haven't let him do it morethan a few seconds) but she never budges til after 3-4 then she'llquickly jump around and it startles Bud and they lunge and thats aboutwhen I throw a hand between them. After that happening I decided thatwas good for a first meet and decided to end on a good note. Gave themsome hay and a raisin for each and put them up in the cage. Gave themeach their normal playtime and everything seems great.

haha thats about how my bonding goes too.

Tumnuswill nip Basil's butt until Basil gets so upset he willturn around and nip back. Just be patiet...thats what Im telling myself:)

lol it isn't patience really that is my problem.I just feel kinda stressed from having a bad nightmare about them 2 acouple nights ago. I know where the dream came from and everything(Boink my cat decided he'd catch a mouse for me on my birthday haha anddecided to eat it infront of me like normal). The dream though wasNanali (a cat form of her lol) just kinda walked up to Bud and with onebite got her bottom teeth on his neck and it was done. It was a reallybad bad dream lol.

I think i'm a little stressed too from feeling like i'm not giving Budenough attention. Its still a lot but less than he was used to and Iguess I feel bad. It'd be great if the 2 of them got along lol.

Yeah, thats one thing I always hated when my two werent bonded. You feel like your time is divided.

Thats why its so great when theyre bonded. Youre not splitting your time and they have eachother when youre not home.

I really hope this works out for you!

I really think it will. Bud is somewhat apushover when you get to know him. He just has to learn to keep histeeth to himself =P

Latest posts

Back