Bonding Males

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boz

Reaction score
I've been asked this by other people a few times and I could never really answer it.

Can two males be housed together?
Do they both have to be neutered? Is it impossible to house to non-neutered males together? Can you do one neutered, one not?

Thanks everyone! :)

2unneutered males would be the most aggressive with each other and least likely to bond. One unneutered and the other altered is just asking for the neutered one to be picked on.

2 neutered males is a possibility but depends on the personalities of the rabbits and may never work...
but then again might

Ihad 2 males altered that were bonded but it was the opposites in personality that made this possible.

I will be attempting the same feat in a couple of months. angieluv, what you said is encouraging. Toby is my little one, not yet ready for neutering and he's very hyper but friendly and social. I think the hyperactivity will subside with maturing. Kirby, my older neutered bun is very shy, and takes things slowly. They are both very sweet bunnies and I am quite hopeful they will make it.

I have also read that it's not impossible but it depends on the bunnies own personalities and to some extent how the rabbit owner handles the introductions and bonding sessions.

I would think that if one is neutered and one is not that it would be more difficult. The unneutered might mount and the neutered male might get annoyed.

Hi.

My first bonded pair was a bonded pair of neutered males. It was actually easier to bond this pair than some of my other pairs. angieluv makes an excellent point about personalities. One of the males was so very laid back (we referred to him as the 'lump of lop')...the other was quite outgoing and dominant. They were a great pair.

I also know of someone who had a neutered male/un-neutered male pair. I would never suggest trying to bond unaltered males, but this pair just kind of happened. Both rabbits were very docile.

Anyway, I would suggest that you neuter the pair. You'll have a much greater chance of success.

Best wishes.

Thanks everyone! Your replies definitely answered my question. :)

Now if I'm asked again I'll know what to reply! Thanks! :D

Latest posts

Back