Bonding Bunnies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JTotz67

Reaction score
This is probably daft but wanted to ask!

We have slowly started the process of bonding two bunnies, one male one female. The male has been with us about 2 months longer than the female.

We put their runs adjacent to each other and have been letting them scope each other out. Then in the evenings we spend some time sat on our garden bench, each holding a bunny, and sort of letting them lead it.

Anyway tonight this happened (see pics) and I wondered if this was a good sign? They were both so chill like this - barely moved! I’ve never seen them like it!

Attachments

• 5A25D1B8-EAF0-4F2A-A720-D49E9BFFB3D2.jpeg
    5A25D1B8-EAF0-4F2A-A720-D49E9BFFB3D2.jpeg
    43 KB · Views: 11
  • FC3A09AA-E219-49FE-996D-3B591F810463.jpeg
    FC3A09AA-E219-49FE-996D-3B591F810463.jpeg
    59.8 KB · Views: 10
It looks like a great sign, as they are being loving by licking/kissing one another. I am sure that you already know this, but just in case, please have them fixed unless you plan on breeding them. It is very easy to end up with 20 rabbits, haha❤

Bunnies are very loving, social animals, and your babies are soooo cute!

Oh yay I’m glad it’s a good sign!

Haha yes don’t worry we have that sorted! In fact that’s why we are doing the introductions so slowly because Mr bun still needs another few weeks before he is fully sterile!

That is really good. If I were not so cheap (for now), I would have gotten a neutered male and female pair, haha. But two bonded females is very underrated It is wonderful how fast bunnies bond, and in no time yours will be inseparable! Good luck.

Latest posts

Back