bonding bunnies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1234bunnies777

Reaction score
As some of you may know my poor baby clementine just lost lost her sister and is very lonely but almost the day after my neighbors bunny had 9 kits. I was wondering if it would be a good idea to adopt a new friend for clementine and take one of the kits when they are weaned from their mother. As a side note clementine is 4 years old and they would both be females.
-thanks

I really don't have any idea how well it works for the new rabbit to be that young. If Clementine "adopts" her, that'd be fine, but if she doesn't, the little one is too young to defend herself. My choice would be to arrange "dates" at a rabbit rescue & let her pick out a new friend, a neutered male or female [I don't think they adopt rabbits unfixed].

Even initial indifference might be ok. But that's another think about most shelters, they've seen initial meets & know what different reactions mean. The shelter I got Honey from's web site has descriptions of all the rabbits available & you can choose a few & arrange 'speed dates' with those you'd be interested in.

Latest posts

Back