bonding brother and sister easier? or from different litters?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it matters much. A brother and sister would likely have to be separated at some point before they are spayed/neutered. A separation coupled with spays/neuters which can change a rabbits "scent" would probably make bonding them the same as bonding two rabbits that never knew each other. Also, with two baby rabbits, siblings or not, there is always a chance that they won't get along later in life. Just something to keep in mind.

Brothers and Sister like each other better...
Let them have babies.
Brother and Sister have stronger babies actually...I did it. There's no disorders at all. I had one bro-sis pair have 35 babies, they were fine and so was every single darn baby.

Sable Points this OP is interested in a pair as a pet not to breed. I recently sold two brother from the same litter to a house rabbit home. They were neutered and get along very well. It shouldnt matter if they are from the same litter or not they should still get along well.

Let them have babies.
Brother and Sister have stronger babies actually...I did it. There's no disorders at all. I had one bro-sis pair have 35 babies, they were fine and so was every single darn baby.

It's ill advised to give that kind of advice. Just because you mated one brother and one sister together multiple times without apparent problem doesn't mean it can be done with disregard and anyone can do it. You were just lucky, IMO, since you knew nothing about their parents or history.

Let them have babies.

Please do not post unsolicited advice on the forum.
RO is here to promote the proper keeping and breeding of all rabbits. We do not suggest ever doing this!

The User BunnyWabbit and RabbitGirl have answered the OP's question.
Annabelle, if you have further questions about your topic, I suggest you PM one of those 2 users, or both.
Topic closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back