Bonding: Best to wait until Minnie is neutered?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raspberry82

Reaction score
Oops! I mean SPAYED. Sorry, I'm tired :p. Max was neutered years ago, just fyi.

Just wanted to double check on this with everyone else more experience than myself with bonding! Minnie is now just over 4 months, she's schedule to have to spay done next week, although for the past 2 weeks some emergency thing keeps coming up on that same day (my vet has been SO nice about it). But in the mean time, is it best to completely hold off on any bonding sessions until after she's healed from the spay? I noticed the week she became hormonal at just before 4 months, Max started getting a little territorial. They've had bonding sessions before this that went well, but none since her puberty hit. Any thought are really appreciated! Athena

If it was me I would wait, you don't want any hormonal behaviour jepordising future bonding sessions.

Yes, I would think it is best to wait until she is completely healed. It's a though procedure, so, because they are not bonded and you don't enitrely know what would happen when yuo put them together, it would be better to wait for a fair while. Maybe 3 weeks or so after, because it is a huge op.

Hope Minnie's spay goes well and hope the bonding goes well after! Good Luck ;x

Thanks Irishbunny, good advice!

Thanks Flashy. I would never bond them while she was still healing from surgery. I just meant while we're waiting for her surgery to be scheduled since they've been friendly with each other prior to her puberty, that's all.

Will wait! :)

Raspberry82 wrote:
Thanks Flashy. I would never bond them while she was still healing from surgery. I just meant while we're waiting for her surgery to be scheduled since they've been friendly with each other prior to her puberty, that's all.
Yeh, I thought you would know that :) But sometimes people read threads like this and don't know, so if I had said wait until after her spay, then they might have started bonding ASAP, so I was really informing others, in a very roundabout way, lol.

Latest posts

Back