bonding baby with father

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

black_jack

Reaction score
Howwould u bond a baby rabbit with its father to stop the father attackingit? Thought I may give this ago.

I knew about the baby, but I didn't know you hadit's father. Did you go back and get him? Or do youmean bonding him to an older male, ie Jack?

Check out the sticky at the top of the forum. There are somegood links on bonding. Have you been introducing them in aneutral area? The older bun may feel like he needs to defendhis territory from the newbie. Try letting them get used toeach others' scent first, then introduce them in a place where neitherhave ever been before. I've heard of using bathtubs and carsfor this in a pinch, also large table tops if multiple peoplecan help out.

idont have the father but i thought if i tried to make jack a surragatefather this might work?

seems bringing breakfastinto the equation has at least helped him accept another rabbit in ahutch without having to fence the baby off...

I know you can bond males, but they can be alittle touchy. Wild male rabbits don't help raise the young, so I doubtthe baby would see Jack as a surrogate dad. Although he might like himas a friend. :)

Latest posts

Back