bonding adult and baby??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mika

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a 1 yo female and I wanted to bond her with a 8 wk old male (already neutred...according to the petstore).

How likely is it that they will get along?

They are both holland lops.

Thanks!

carina

At 8 weeks old, I highly doubt that he is neutered. He's not even sexually mature yet.

But once he is neutered and she is spayed, you could theoretically bond them.

That's a load of manure if they say he's neutered at 8 weeks. Either they have the age wrong, or are selling a scam.

It all depends on the personality. I'm in the process of bonding a yearand a half old netherland with a 13 week old lionhead and I'm excited.Pepsi is a little doll when it comes to other rabbits, so she's neverhad a problem with babies.

If you get them both fixed, the chances are high they'll get along (butthere is the odd bunny that just rather be left by itself).Females/males bond great together if both are fixed. If the femaleisn't, she probably will be territorial and bully the little guy. But,depending on the temperment the female might get along even unspayed.It's not a certainty that she will be territorial if she's not spayed,there's just a high risk. I know a lot of unspayed female bonds thathave been together a long time.

What are their names? :)

Hi!

YEAH, they petstore sells them as 'neutered' - it's actually a female - but it was purchased anyway now :(

My baby's name is Mika!

I found another bunny i want to adopt!! It's from the Toronto Humane Society!!

Here's a picture!! What kind of bunny is this???

it will most likely not work until you get herspayed. is she spayed? if she isn't she will want to fight with anyrabbit that comes into your home.. also remember that a neutered malecan still impregnate up to 6 weeks after the snip.

My female rabbit was unspayed when Ibonded her to my male rabbit, who was a baby at the time. It worked outfine. She was very protective/possesive of him. If I tried to put myhand in the cage to pick him up, she would lean over him or try tonudge my hand away.

Of course, rabbits aren't all the same. As others have mentioned, spaying makes things easier.

My female rabbit was unspayed when Ibonded her to my male rabbit, who was a baby at the time. It worked outfine. She was very protective/possesive of him. If I tried to put myhand in the cage to pick him up, she would lean over him or try tonudge my hand away.

Of course, rabbits aren't all the same. As others have mentioned, spaying makes things easier.

how old are these rabbits? you should be expecting a lot of babies in the near future. they can reproduce at 3 months old.

how old are these rabbits? you should beexpecting a lot of babies in the near future. they can reproduce at 3months old.
I failed to mention in my previous post that they did not share a cage,but rather shared supervised playtime in Tsuki's cage, i.e., I stuckaround during their bonding sessions to make sure they weren't going atit. In fact, most of their bonding time happened when they were intheir separate cages; Tsuki (the adult female) would lick Santori (thebaby male) through the wires of their cages, and they would lie downpressed up against each other.

That was almost two years ago. Tsuki was spayed within three weeks ofSantori's arrival and Santori was neutered a little later. There wereno babies :).

you were VERY lucky to not have babies on yourhands.. it takes no more than 2-3 seconds for a rabbit to get pregnant,whether you're watching or not. i wouldn't have been surprised if shehad babies inside her when she was spayed.. the important thing is,babies were not born and you did the responsible thing to get herfixed. i do not recommend to anybody reading this, that you have amale/female together at anytime, baby or not.. unless fixed.

Latest posts

Back