Bonding 2 Male bunnies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I own a intact male 5 year old Bunny, He has Been bonded with another male before, also in tact.
his male bunny friend passed away, so I got another in tact male bunny to bond him with.

I know that EVERYONE says 2 un altered males WONT accept each other, but its been 2 days since I introduced another in tact male (also 5yrs) and they are cuddling, My bunny is not territorial.

so They are getting along fine, a bit of Humping, no aggression while doing so. when there tired they give up and lie down next too each other.

should I still worry that they will fight? or are they now bonded? I don't know if I can leave them together all the time now, is that safe? Be honest. Is it possible?

If they are GOING to fight, if your sure I will have to do something about that now.

Thanks

We rescued two that were intact and bonded. They were both very sweet bunnies and the only problem we had was that one was a sprayer. We had them neutered and it took care of spraying and never had to worry about anything else after. We had two females that were neutered and bonded for six years and then they really started fighting, so much so, that we had to separate them. Nothing is for sure or for certain.

Right now I have two intact males who are totally bonded...they adore each other. I call 'em the "twins" since they are identical, too. :) Neither one is getting neutered, and unless they have a future issue, they won't be separated. Sounds like your boys are probably ok, though I'd still be cautious for a while.

they do cuddle when there done humping lol, No one is showing any aggression signs, they were together all day yesterday and No fighting at all, just snuggles and being beat out LOL
I hope Im safe, because Both bunnies needed to be bonded with another due to behavior. One is a Netherland dwarf, and the other is a Dwarf X :) both are very cuddly, I could take them to bed at night if they didn't use the bathroom!

Latest posts

Back