Bonded buns, male~female or male~male

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buns2luv

Reaction score
Our female mini lop and our male lionhead our bonded. We are thinking of a bond mate for our male 8 mos old mini rex. I am thinking a female, but know that some have male~male bonds.
I'm wondering what most have had success with, a male~female bond or male~male bond.
I know it depends on the bun and I would have Gus meet the other bunny 1st, but just curious!

Bah it is really really hard to tell. I think the best is to just keep it as a surprise and head off to a shelter and let him pick his mate. Lol. I'd be tempted to say a female would work best but of course, my own bunnies have proved me wrong on that in the past so you just really never know. :)

yeah, you hear the advice that male-female works best, but my female picked another girl when she dated 5 males and one female. Only your bun can tell you what he wants.

I would highly recommend neutering first and letting the hormones settle out if that has not already been done.

Yep, he's been neutered. Just last week though so no dating for him for a few more weeks :)
I think that we will bring him to a shelter and let him date when ready, thanks!

Latest posts

Back