Bonded Bunny Logistics

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdith4him

Reaction score
Now that we have two bunnies living together, I'm not sure how to go about food distribution. I gave them pellets this morning when we got home in two separate bowls. They've both been eating out of both bowls. The new bunny is a bit bigger than Junie, so I figure he should need a bit more pellets and veggies. But if it's there, Junie will eat it. How do you make sure each bunny is getting enough and/or not too much?

I also have this same question. One of mine is 6 pounds the other about 13, so they eat very different amounts. Plus my small girl, Gracie, gobbles hers down where as Floppsy eats throughout the day/night. Not really a way to separate for feeding since Floppsy won't eat right away.

Sorry I don't have a solution and just more questions!

I have two pair and have not found a good way to split the food specifically. I just go by their body condition over time to know they are splitting the food well.

Becky tends to be too thin and Gary tends toward the chunky side. I feed them together in general but then give Becky supplemental food when she's on my lap. That way I know she is the one eating the oats and not Gary.

Can you feed more often, but smaller amounts? It would be good for the one who grazes as they can get pellets more often without having to worry about them all getting eaten.
You can also try putting the dishes in different parts of the cage. You can train them to each go to a bowl. This would only really help for a short time after feeding as they would go to the other bowls. Probably more of a help if one rabbit tend to eat all the food and pushes the other rabbit away.
Putting pellets so they are not in a bowl might help. You can get a cardboard box or toy and put the pellets in with some hay. They should still eat the pellets, but it will take longer for the one who gobbles them up. As long as the grazer still knows where the pellets are, then they should be able to eat them. It would be hard to monitor who eats what though.
More food dishes can help too. Only put a small amount in each dish, maybe 1 table spoon or so.

Latest posts

Back