Bonded bunnies? Help!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kidith

Reaction score
Hi all,

I currently have 2 bunnies and I am wondering if they are happy with each other?. The bonding seemed to go well back in February. Not many fights and some dominance displayed but that soon settled down. Now 2 months on I am not sure they are happy. I can hear from my bedroom sudden chases around the cage (doesn't last long but it is loud) and that happens quite a few times a day. Never when I am around to see so I am not sure who it is - the Male or the female.

I do sometimes see little bits of fur in the cage and it looks like the female rabbits fur but when I go in, they are usually sitting with each other and nothing is phasing them.

I dont know whether this behaviour is normal or whether they dont get on? Both were adopted from different places. I am starting to think one should go and try the bonding again with another rabbit but my partner doesn't want to. I want what's best for both of them so wondering if it's normal or need to accept they wont work.

I also have a massive issue with the female not wanting me to be near the Male and if I stroke him she will growl and try to go for me to ward me off.

It really isn't how I expected to have rabbits especially with how she behaves towards me.

I want what's best for them both so any advice on the behaviour would be appreciated!!

Is the doe spayed, if not maybe spaying with help. Also depending on how big the cage they are in, will have an impact on how the rabbits behave towards each other.

But if she’s spayed and have a large cage, then maybe you will have to separate them from each other.

Because it can be really stressful for the rabbit that get chased and all the fur pulling.

They are both spayed. They are dwarf rabbits, around a year old and they have a 2 story wide house and space to run around outside of it as well. Do you think they need more? Apart from giving them a whole bed

They might need more or they just dosen’t have a good connection between each other.

Rabbits have different personalities, which often need to find a friend that fit their own. A lot of space will often help buns to live together, even though they dosen’t have a good connection.

If it haven’t calmed down between them, it would be better to keep them away from each other. But you can wait and see if they will calm down.

Latest posts

Back